FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving KeverC's Stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
KeverC's Stuff
RocksOutpost

Posted: 2012-12-12 04:30 am   Permalink

KeverC,
That is awesome!!! Please tell me you didnt do all that with just those grinders?
Its looking great!!!!!

View Profile of RocksOutpost Send a personal message to RocksOutpost      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keverc1014

Posted: 2012-12-12 08:43 am   Permalink

Thanks guys. Yep the whole thing has been done with my die grinder, angle grinder, burrs and a saburr tooth grinding wheel. I know that there are faster ways of going about it but this way I can go slow and get it exactly how I want it. That is saw dust but before I cleaned most of it up the pile was huge lol. The saw dust I can get up goes into my compost and the rest of it gets washed into the ground.
Florida snow.

View Profile of Keverc1014 Send a personal message to Keverc1014      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-14 3:59 pm   Permalink

i finally finished the shaping on and rough sanding in the table. tomorrow i will go at it with some really fine sand paper and prep for poly. i am very stoked how it is coming along. this is my first try at doing a table and i think it is working out better than i hoped. i will post pics once i get some poly on it.

Chris

View Profile of KeverC Send a personal message to KeverC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-17 2:52 pm   Permalink

today the table got the first coats of poly. so i figured i would put up some of the pics. i am super stoked with how it looks for my first try. i wish i had not told my buddy it is his christmas gift because i dont want to give it away. lol ohhh well i will just have to find another stump and make a better one lol.

still kinda wet but i wanted to get some pics before i lost the light
thanks for looking

Chris

[ This Message was edited by: Keverc 2012-12-19 00:11 ]

View Profile of KeverC Send a personal message to KeverC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-17 2:59 pm   Permalink

nice bro!

that looks really good.

I assume you did a bit of sanding on this before you sparred it...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-17 3:16 pm   Permalink

yea i sanded it before and when it is dry i am gonna hit it with some 2000 grit before the next coat. thanks Jeff i am super stoked with it.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-17 8:52 pm   Permalink

That rocks

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-29 5:20 pm   Permalink

i ordered this book. i am hoping it has some really good pics and info about the carvings from Rapa Nui. i saw a documentary/surf flick about a guy traveling by sail boat in the Pacific. they had some issues and broke the mast. i think that is right. anyhow they were able to get to Rapa Nui and it was beautiful. i hope to one day visit and maybe stop by to see my favorite sergeant on Guam while i am out there. i would love to check out the giant stone moais in person. have any of you come across this book before?

chris

[ This Message was edited by: KeverC 2012-12-29 17:21 ]

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-03 7:41 pm   Permalink

Looks cool. Tell us how you like it when you get it. Somewhere there are a couple of threads of recommended books around here...

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-20 9:24 pm   Permalink

havent had a chance to do any carving in a while but I finally found the time to make some saw dust. it felt mighty good to be carving again. its good to be back.

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-23 08:01 am   Permalink

Cool design and it looks like that wood will finish up nicely-What kind is it?

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-23 4:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks. It is pine. I have a real nice stain that i am going to use on it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation