FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music "Hawaiian Hi-Fi" radio station on the air at Live365.com
"Hawaiian Hi-Fi" radio station on the air at Live365.com
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-21 12:07 am   Permalink

Well, the whole process seemed much easier than I was anticipating, and "Hawaiian Hi-Fi" is on the air at Live365.com...a station featuring a playlist (about 10 1/2 hours worth) of selections from my all-vinyl Hawaiian collection. About 2,300 LPs of island recording artists, lounge acts, mainland/overseas easy listening orchestras & vocalists, steel guitar and a bit of exotica.
At least this way, I can share the collection with those who might enjoy all this in both it's authenticity AND it's kitschiness. I plan on changing the playlist once a month.

http://www.live365.com/stations/kaiwaza

It's free to listen and the songs are upload at a low enough bit rate to accommodate those w/o broadband, too.
I also created a Facebook "Like" page that will feature some LP record covers, liner notes, and other Hawaiian Record related ephemera.

http://www.facebook.com/HawaiianHiFiOnLive365Radio

Enjoy.

[ This Message was edited by: Kaiwaza 2012-09-21 00:08 ]

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-21 11:29 am   Permalink

Listening to it now!
Cool, thanks very much!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capheind
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-21 6:03 pm   Permalink

Nice collection. Sadly though I'm not all that fond of web-restricted radio as I generally stick my music feeds into my linux box and jam the day away. Its a shame, Live365 used to provide normal feeds.

View Profile of capheind Send a personal message to capheind      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-21 9:57 pm   Permalink

Love it! Listening now.

Thanks

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-30 12:18 am   Permalink

A nice Sunday morning soundtrack here in un-exotic Bavaria. I appreciate your sense of humor mixed with your dedication to the genre that comes through in the selection - Mahalo

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-02 12:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the comments, folks. Sense of humour? WhatEVER do you mean? I actually love it all..the good, the bad & the ugly.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fez monkey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-03 8:46 pm   Permalink

It took a bit of Google-fu and light hackery, but try this in your favorite web music player.

http://www.live365.com/play/373503

For example, in iTunes choose Advanced > Open Stream....
Paste the link and click okay. Voila!

- fm

(Or you could, ya know, just click the link)

Turns out they broke the link, so I fixed it but I suspect it will continue to be a moving target. Send me a PM if it breaks again.
[ This Message was edited by: fez monkey 2012-10-03 20:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: fez monkey 2013-03-24 18:51 ]

View Profile of fez monkey Send a personal message to fez monkey  Email fez monkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-20 1:25 pm   Permalink

Listened to your station at work today. Keep the tunes coming!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TropicDrinkBoy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-20 6:14 pm   Permalink

Great station! Thanks for sharing all those albums with us. Based on my listening experience my guess is that Pandora has about five albums of this genre.

[ This Message was edited by: TropicDrinkBoy 2013-03-20 18:28 ]

View Profile of TropicDrinkBoy Send a personal message to TropicDrinkBoy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-20 8:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone! The response on Live365 has been quite good & supportive. Yes, Pandora is quite limited in what is available & while I know there aren't THOUSANDS of people out there just dying to hear old Hawaiian records...those of us that love them, really love them...Plus, I know actually COLLECTING thousands of LPs isn't everyone's cup of tea either, but they may enjoy listening in once in a while.

[ This Message was edited by: Kaiwaza 2013-03-20 20:42 ]

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-21 08:28 am   Permalink

Just downloaded the Live365 app for my iPhone. I've got you in the car now!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Zarkov
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-23 07:36 am   Permalink

Magnificent! I love this programming. I play a fair amount of Hawaiian music on my radio show (see the playlists posted on this thread), but there is a limit to what is available on CD (my preferred recorded music medium). Keep up the good work and thank you for making working at my computer infinitely more pleasurable.

View Profile of Dr. Zarkov Send a personal message to Dr. Zarkov      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation