Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Struck Gold at Kirkland's
Struck Gold at Kirkland's
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-24 4:51 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Kirkland's (a home decorating store), but I found some great stuff. I sure hope it is ok to post these pics.

I walked in just to look around for ideas for my future Tiki Room, and found the following wall plaques (measure about 4x6) and a bunch of Pineapple Candles (about 6" tall). The plaques were $14 for a set of 4 and the candles were $.97 each. They also had all their "Pacific Paradise" items on clearance. The pacific paradise design is colorful parrots and greenery. I picked up the entire collection (over $300 worth) for just $65. If you are looking for some fun decor, you might want to check them out.

I'm happy and now I have a definate theme for my Tiki room.

[ This Message was edited by: littlegiles on 2003-06-24 16:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: littlegiles on 2003-06-24 16:52 ]

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-24 5:19 pm   Permalink

Those plaques are very cool. Never heard of Kirkland's.

Say, are you going back there anytime soon?

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-24 7:20 pm   Permalink

I would go back and pick you up a set, but I didn't see any more. The store specializes in clearance and that kind of stuff. They also carry a bunch of neat East Indies stuff if you are into wild animals and elephants. They have a Tiki Face Birdhouse on their site, but I didn't see it in the store.

Here is their website if you want to look around it. They also have a store locator on their site.

http://www.kirklands.com

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-24 11:44 pm   Permalink

Hey, Those plaques look like the same images that were on some plates and mugs I saw at Kohls recently (on sale). Is it possible that the mainstreamization of tiki is already on it's way out?

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-25 08:32 am   Permalink

I didn't find those plaques, but there is a pretty swell looking tiki birdhouse...

http://www.kirklands.com/shop/product.asp?x=955411176&item=056337&dept=003&class=2201

Matt

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-25 10:53 am   Permalink

yeah Spy-Tiki, they were at our local Kohl's as well as local Aaron Bros. stores. I received the "Zombie" one as a gift.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-25 5:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks Littlegiles! We have a Kirkland's here and I stopped by today after work and got a set. They were 14.99 like you said but the candles were 2.99 on clearance so I passed on those. I appreciate the info dearly...

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-25 5:42 pm   Permalink

I'm so glad people are having luck with link I provided. You have all been so helpful with my questions, and I have learned so much from reading past posts. It feels good to be able to help out. Now I just have to find me some inexpensive tikis and I'm well on my way.

divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-25 6:30 pm   Permalink

Just got done hanging them, if someone is seriously wanting some let me know they had afew left. And as for Littlegiles, with you trying to build on your collection- I found word of mouth and letting people know. Before you know it people have tiki stuff somewhere in their house and/or when they're out and about they look for ya. I do the thrift store shopping all the time but the hunt is a hunt but well worth seeing a tiki or a relic when you do come across so good luck. I also built up some of my collection on ebay too.

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-26 12:55 am   Permalink

I have the zombie plaque from Ebay ($10), but never found the other two I like (Pina Colada and Mai Tai. There are no Kirlands in CA.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-26 12:55 am   Permalink

I have the zombie plaque from Ebay ($10), but never found the other two I like (Pina Colada and Mai Tai. There are no Kirlands in CA.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-26 9:03 pm   Permalink

Found mine at the local JO-ANNS Fabric store here in Tampa.

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation