FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Tikis in flames - Original photography set
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tikis in flames - Original photography set
Hemp Paper
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-24 4:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha, I know I've been focusing a lot on marketing my Tiki collection, that I don't know much about to all of you, and realized that's not getting me anywhere. Tiki central is a great resource, and will help me greatly on my endeavors.

My main gig is photography, so let me share with you my original photography set "Tikis in flame" with the community. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, mahalo.

You can view the full album at
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.421533314555719.91351.416255081750209&type=3

View Profile of Hemp Paper Send a personal message to Hemp Paper  Goto the website of Hemp Paper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-24 5:00 pm   Permalink

Wow…my first impression is sadness and I wish I could unsee them. They have a weird kind of photoshop thing going on for me. If you could give them some kind of cool glow or scintillating aura of power I may appreciate them a bit more…but yea I’m kind of sad now.

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hemp Paper
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-24 5:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-24 17:00, OnlyATikiLad wrote:
Wow…my first impression is sadness and I wish I could unsee them. They have a weird kind of photoshop thing going on for me. If you could give them some kind of cool glow or scintillating aura of power I may appreciate them a bit more…but yea I’m kind of sad now.

These images are not photoshopped at all, and that's how I plan to keep it.

View Profile of Hemp Paper Send a personal message to Hemp Paper  Goto the website of Hemp Paper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-24 5:09 pm   Permalink

very cool,
I like them.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-24 5:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-24 17:04, Hemp Paper wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-09-24 17:00, OnlyATikiLad wrote:

These images are not photoshopped at all, and that's how I plan to keep it.

Well in that case…..I very definitely do not care for them.

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-24 5:17 pm   Permalink

Stop, drop and roll tiki!

I like the pictures. I hope no tikis were harmed in the making.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hemp Paper
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-24 5:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-24 17:17, lunavideogames wrote:
Stop, drop and roll tiki!

I like the pictures. I hope no tikis were harmed in the making.

Nope, we only have them on fire for a few seconds, and all that does is burn the oil slightly, which can be rubbed off with a wet cloth. On one occasion (when we I was first experimenting with the photography, I burned one severely, and learned my lesson)

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-24 5:45 pm   Permalink

So now you burn our Idols!
It is time to issue a "fatwâ" on your dark soulless husk.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LostIsland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-24 5:47 pm   Permalink

Pretty cool pix

View Profile of LostIsland Send a personal message to LostIsland  Goto the website of LostIsland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-24 5:58 pm   Permalink

Makes one shutter to think about, given the history of the "Burning of the Idols"

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hemp Paper
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-24 5:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-24 17:45, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
So now you burn our Idols!
It is time to issue a "fatwâ" on your dark soulless husk.

Technically I didn't burn them, I just took the picture, my uncle was the one that lit the Tikis. And none of them were harmed (except one...) because we took precautions against that. These are mere image representations of Tikis on fire, or a spiritual representation of the power of Ku through photography, however you want to look at it is up to you.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-24 6:06 pm   Permalink

Very unique idea (at least I haven't seen anything like it) Not any more "sacrilegious" than the Tiki Burn on the beach. I like 'em. Did you use the Tiki brand colored flame fuel?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hemp Paper
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-24 6:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-24 18:06, MadDogMike wrote:
Very unique idea (at least I haven't seen anything like it) Not any more "sacrilegious" than the Tiki Burn on the beach. I like 'em. Did you use the Tiki brand colored flame fuel?

No we used a combination of gasses and oils to create a steady blue flame that didn't damage the Tiki. I saw that flame colored stuff, and wish we had it, it would make things a lot easier for us.

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-24 7:17 pm   Permalink

I think they're amazing. Especially the first one. The historical facts about the burning of Tikis makes it that much more moving a photograph.

Ku looks like he's screaming through the fire but not burning. I love it.

As for feedback, my only problem at all, and it really might just be me, is I don't like the saw cut in the stump, it distracts my eye a little.

Very cool images.

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2012-09-24 19:20 ]

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-24 7:32 pm   Permalink

At 1st I thought u put to much 151 in there

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation