FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Join The Hula Girls at The Bahooka for a filming of Food Network's "World's Weirdest Restaurants"!
Join The Hula Girls at The Bahooka for a filming of Food Network's "World's Weirdest Restaurants"!
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-24 4:30 pm   Permalink

"World's Weirdest Restaurants" is currently a Canadian show, but they are producing for the US right now! We'll be filming at The Bahooka on Thursday, Oct 11, 2012.
The Hula Girls are gonna play a few songs for the show and the host will be interviewing customers as well. Dinah and Judy will be dancing too.

Should be a fun time! Not sure about times yet, but I'd imagine that we will get started around 6:30 or 7:00 (dinner time). I'll repost as a time is locked down.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/ontv/shows/worlds-weirdest-restaurants/show.html?titleid=272173

Hope you can make the scene!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-25 5:53 pm   Permalink

see ya 'all' there! WEEKEND STARTS ON THURSDAY!!!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-25 6:20 pm   Permalink

That's funny, we consider the Bahooka, the Tonga Room, and the Wreck Bar to be perfectly normal - not weird!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-25 9:42 pm   Permalink

well Bahooka has a pretty wild, eclectic array of decor, not just tiki.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-26 08:42 am   Permalink

Exactly!!!!!!!!!! BTD!?!?!?!????

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-08 12:08 am   Permalink

any official times ? Hope to see some folks... Weekend Starts On Thursday!

geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-09 5:40 pm   Permalink

I will pop by there at around 8 or so. Things should be jumping by then.

Update;
Oops. Looks like the storm is keeping me at home. Have fun you all.

[ This Message was edited by: geedavee 2012-10-11 19:09 ]

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-10 11:32 am   Permalink

got some info,,,, if you want to be filmed enjoying dinner and promoting one of the last original Tiki Palaces in the World. then....
QUOTE:
We're shooting the 'customer experience' between 5:30pm and 8:30pm... this includes the band, dancers, yourself and dinner. If you know people that would like to join us, it's likely best they arrive around 5pm to be seated and settled before we start rolling in the dining area.

all last minute...... but what'cha going to do.... leave it all on locals shoulders????

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-10 10:54 pm   Permalink

Tomorrow evening!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-10 11:31 pm   Permalink

But I'm still waiting to be on TV from the Breezeway opening party !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-11 08:25 am   Permalink

Looking forward to it! (Like I really need an excuse to eat at Bahooka!) I'll have a dozen or so tickets for the Saturday Untouchables with the Hula Girls Show with me. If anyone wants to buy theirs (without paying the service charge), find me at Bahooka between 5 & 8:30pm tonight.

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-12 10:15 am   Permalink

Great fun last night. The Hula Girls performed like Rock Stars !!

And lots of TC peeps talking intelligently (at least I hope we were) about Tiki for the cameras.

Crazy Al must have been pretty hungry. He stole the "prop" food. Ha ha.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sec.8
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-12 11:17 am   Permalink

Rain Date?

View Profile of sec.8 Send a personal message to sec.8      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-13 3:09 pm   Permalink

TONIGHT!!!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation