FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Halloween Mug Swap is a go! Join up by Oct 15th!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Halloween Mug Swap is a go! Join up by Oct 15th!
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-29 09:46 am   Permalink

Pikey's Dog yours went out Saturday.
and Slacks, I hear yours cleared customs!
Hopefully Sandy won't mess up deliveries too badly. Be careful East Coasters!

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-29 10:19 am   Permalink

Got home and found a box from Pittsburgh Pauly loaded with all kinds of swag including stuff for my beyond tiki collecting. WOW! Mahalo PP!
A Squid Squll and A Hu Ke Lau hiball glass

A Menu from Chin's plus matchbooks from all over

A couple (hee hee) of swizzle sticks

Lots of cards, coasters, brochures and even a corkscrew

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-29 12:02 pm   Permalink

To the person who receives my mug swap:

I forgot the hang tags that go along with two of the items. They were both hand made by me for the swap. Hope you like them!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-29 12:49 pm   Permalink

Are Tiki Central members not the most generous people on earth? Look what Dustycajun sent me:

Two mugs I don't have- Trader Sam's and one from Luau Hut. Also included were some cool matchbooks and swizzles. My tiki mug runneth over with joy! Thanks Dusty!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-30 10:18 am   Permalink

Glad you liked it Ukutiki!
I think it's actually a Sqrewed up Squll, that's why I had to make good with the other stuff
I loved that corkscrew/bottle opener set, but saw that you collect corkscrews, so I'm hoping it'll be more enjoyed by you!

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-30 10:44 am   Permalink

Thanks...I must be sqrewed up.

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-31 08:10 am   Permalink

I got mine and it's amazing! The mugs are perfect and the Frankenberry was an "off da hook" addition! I'll add a pic later (as I'm at work right now).

I'm not sure which TC handle sent me this thoughtful and awesome package. All I can say is thanks LJ! This is better than what my wife gets me for Christmakah.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-31 08:59 am   Permalink

I'm happy you like it, Slacks Ferret. I saw an old thread where you wanted some Frankenberry cereal so I sent you a box. Due to it being on the forbidden list I had to take the rum out of the box, which I was bummed about. I will drink it tonight for you.
It was my first time shipping anything so if nothing broke I'm happy.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-31 09:25 am   Permalink

I got this awesome headhunter mug and necklace from Hale Tiki along with a couple dozen heavy duty stirrers.

Thanks so much!

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-31 10:24 am   Permalink

Welcome!
I glad you like it.
The enameling took longer than I thought it would.
I've been wanting to do it for awhile, and I always liked the headhunter mug.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-01 12:29 pm   Permalink

I received my swap a little while ago but I haven't been able to get in front of a real computer until now.

My swap was a doozy! I guess it is safe to say that one of my big motivations for joining these swaps is to get the chance to swap with Wendy Cevola. Her and Dan's mugs are my favorite from new mug makers. I was so happy when I saw the return address. Wendy and Dan sent me this wonderful mug with an equally beautiful letter to accompany it. I love it! My 30th B-day is coming up and I plan to bring it out to Denver's only tiki bar: Adrift! Thank you so much Wendy and Dan!

Here is a snap shot before trick or treating last night

And my daughter volunteered to hold it for a close up. Please excuse the fingers in the way. She loves the color.

gabbahey

[ This Message was edited by: gabbahey 2012-11-01 12:29 ]

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-01 7:11 pm   Permalink

My package from Tikilongbeach:

Mahalo again! It's great!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-01 8:25 pm   Permalink

Hey Gabbahey, I love the photos and I've stolen them for my files. Your daughters fingers are precious. Thank you so much for your kind comments. You made this super fun for us, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-01 8:31 pm   Permalink

Slacks Ferret, that is one cool looking room!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-02 6:02 pm   Permalink

Pittsburgh pauly,

Thank you for putting on a great mug swap!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation