[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Most underrated cocktail inventor
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Most underrated cocktail inventor
Anestiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-05 05:20 am   Permalink

I am saddened that there isn't more appreciation of Kahuna Kevin's cocktails on this website. Last
Night some friends and I had the following:

Irish Nutjob, morphine bowl, 151 gun swizzle, Roswell '47, Holo Holo Lolo, and the Ratbasher.

ALL were amazing and unique.

I just thought he needs more recognition.

Anestiki

View Profile of Anestiki Send a personal message to Anestiki  Email Anestiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-05 08:13 am   Permalink

He does. PICS!!!!

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-05 09:44 am   Permalink

Well you never had one of my "Vulcan Mind Melds"

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-05 10:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-10-05 05:20, Anestiki wrote:
ALL were amazing and unique. I just thought he needs more recognition.

Ok, you got me to run online and by Vol 1 and Vol 2. Vol 1 has been on my "want list" since a Hukilau a few years ago, but I already own a huge number of under-used cocktail recipe books and I'm short on shelf space on my bar, so I've been putting it off. But they are SPIRAL BOUND so I will only splash stuff onto a single page instead of two... I'm looking forward to the recipes - it's always fun to try new stuff. Time to schedule a cocktail party at the house - SOON!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-05 6:48 pm   Permalink

Completely agree with you Anestiki. Unfortunately i cannot make very many of the drinks Kahuna Kevin has created as most of the ingredients are just not available to me here in Australia, however, when the second volume came out i bought an extra copy for a friend who works in one Australias best bars (they win awards just about every year in various categories) and we made 4 or 5 drinks from it substituting ingredients where we had to and every one was amazing. All the bartenders at the bar were quite impressed themselves, with one drink going upstairs for a couple of them to sample and coming back empty.

Also, i actually spent a day with Kevin at his house on my recent trip to the U.S. and got to try another 6 or 7 drinks which were all extremely good and would have to say that even though i visited quite a few Tiki bars on my trip, the best tropical cocktails that i had would probably have been Kevins.

P.S. Good choice with the Ratbasher (page 36 in volume 2). A custom drink made for me in a custom mug i made for him.

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2012-10-05 18:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2012-10-05 18:53 ]

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kevin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-05 7:40 pm   Permalink

Lies! All lies!!!

View Profile of Kahuna Kevin Send a personal message to Kahuna Kevin  Email Kahuna Kevin Goto the website of Kahuna Kevin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-05 7:43 pm   Permalink

Hey, Kevin, you got your very own thread!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kevin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-05 7:56 pm   Permalink

BTW Ace your books went out this afternoon. Many thanks!

Visit KahunaKevin.com and scroll down for the live Facebook updates and a few unpublished recipes made after Vol. 2.

And thanks to Robbie for this post, stopping by my place during your busy trip schedule and drinkin' like a champ at 12-Noon before we headed out "to go drinkin'" haha!

Mahalo everyone! -KK

View Profile of Kahuna Kevin Send a personal message to Kahuna Kevin  Email Kahuna Kevin Goto the website of Kahuna Kevin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-05 7:59 pm   Permalink

Yup, thanks Kevin, I saw the notification from Amazon a few minutes ago. Dang, you're speedy! Should have asked you to personalize them for me, I didn't think about it... Every review I've seen leads me to believe there will be gold in them thar books... Can't wait for them to arrive.

Kahuna Kevin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-05 8:39 pm   Permalink

I just posted the unpublished Phantom Tiki single serving recipe and 2 gallon 40+ serving "party version" on my Facebook page. Cheers! -KK

Kahuna Kevin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-05 10:28 pm   Permalink

And much thanks to Anestiki! Robbie Swizzle sent me the link to this thread and I thought he created it, mybad!

Tiki Tea Girl

Posted: 2012-10-06 12:14 am   Permalink

So yeah, his drinks are amazing! My husband and I have been priviledged to try many of his concoctions, the new Phantom Tiki will rock your inner Rumologist like no other. He always surprises with unique flavors, combinations and secretly sneaking absinthe into our rum drinks. I honestly can't say enough about how diverse his drinks are and how fun to re-create for others, our liquor cabinet looks very differently now than it did before the first book came out, just because we never realized the depth of enjoyment you could reach with quality ingredients and recipes. No more rum and rootbeer, even the standard grog has been upgraded, and we love it! Kahuna Kevin, drink on, our glasses are forever full when you have a new cocktail in mind!

View Profile of Tiki Tea Girl Send a personal message to Tiki Tea Girl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Anestiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-06 03:49 am   Permalink

So, when is volume 3 coming out?

Anestiki

View Profile of Anestiki Send a personal message to Anestiki  Email Anestiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poutineki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-06 05:17 am   Permalink

When you add Vol. 1 to the cart then try to add Vol. 2, it just replaces 1 with 2. It will just keep swapping them out and not let you add both. Do the entire orders have to be done seperately?

View Profile of poutineki Send a personal message to poutineki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kevin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-06 08:33 am   Permalink

Hmmm something is screwy. Try doing separate orders for now and add a note, sorry my host keeps updating their page builder app and I think it's messing with the older Paypal code I'm using.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation