[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Most underrated cocktail inventor
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Most underrated cocktail inventor
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-07 6:59 pm   Permalink

And as soon as I get paid, I'll be ordering one and two.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-10 2:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-10-05 19:56, Kahuna Kevin wrote:
BTW Ace your books went out this afternoon. Many thanks!

Got the books in yesterday's mail, took a brief look. WOW! Then took 'em to work to look some more and share with co-workers. The books are worth buying just for the humorous drink titles and the comments! Had many of us at work laughing out loud and longing to make many of the recipes mentioned. The recipes are complex and very tasty sounding - generally lots of ingredients - I can't even begin to imagine how costly and fun the R&D was. I have a decently well-stocked bar, and I see that I have to go shopping for even more rums and syrups after I make some decisions on which drinks to start with. (I'm not complaining.) The Bac-O-Tini is intriguing...

Kevin, very nice job with the printing -- the high-gloss finish makes the pages very durable and spill resistant, I'm very pleased and impressed. The spiral binding is also awesome. Overall a great value and a quality product which supports (and encourages) the use of quality rums and freshest possible ingredients.

My conclusion - prior to mixing any of the drinks - "Thar be fun in them thar pages!" Add these books to your birthday and Christmas wish lists NOW... Not for the faint-of-heart with minimalist bars. Ideal for those seeking adventure and who seek to expand their collection of quality rums and mixers and impress their friends. Perfect way to help Kevin recover what must have been a massive R&D expenditure, not to mention the wear-and-tear on his liver.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kevin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-10 6:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the preview feedback. Please post your final reviews here and on Amazon.com for both books in a few months.

View Profile of Kahuna Kevin Send a personal message to Kahuna Kevin  Email Kahuna Kevin Goto the website of Kahuna Kevin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation