FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » The Hukilau 2013 Official Thread and Announcement
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
The Hukilau 2013 Official Thread and Announcement
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-08 07:48 am   Permalink

Some photos from Friday ...

Evoking memories of the Yankee Clipper's long-lost Polynesian Room, Nani Maka makes a special appearance with Larry Hines, son of bandleader George Hines.

The NovaRays surf in from from Orlando.

Late-night shenanigans by The Disasternauts!

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-09 07:17 am   Permalink

Here are some photo highlights from Saturday ...

Beachbum Berry presents "The Wild West Indies," an insightful symposium to kick off the day's events at The Mai-Kai.

The Hula Girls rock The Molokai bar.

It was a tremendous treat to see Ìxtahuele play in the Tahiti Room.

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-09 07:17 am   Permalink

Mahalo to all the fabulous villagers for the past four days. We're sad to see everything end today. But you can still squeeze in some fun at The Mai-Kai:

Skinny Jimmy & the Stingrays play at noon, and the documentary film "Plastic Paradise" is shown at 1:30 p.m. Following the film, The Mai-Kai will host an after-party with happy hour from 3 to 7, two more sets from the band plus special "lost cocktails" that haven't been served in decades.

We hope to see everyone again June 12-15, 2014!

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

nibblegribitz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-09 07:42 am   Permalink

Thanks for the photo of Nani and I.
It was very special for me to perform the song my father(George Hines) wrote for Nani.

View Profile of nibblegribitz Send a personal message to nibblegribitz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 2:57 pm   Permalink

What a terrific event this year, EVEN with the, um, tropical weather.

I especially want to shout out to the volunteers who helped. Many, MANY of them worked lots more hours than their shifts indicated, pinch-hit in multiple areas and without them nothing would have gone nearly as smoothly as it did. So MAHALO and a half.

Thanks also to the Hukilau Crew (Christie "Tiki Kiliki" White, Stacie "Heelgrinder" Herndon, Jim "Hurricane" Hayward and Brian Crum) for being the best to work with.

Mucho mahalo!

Joe The Exhausted Volunteer Coordinator, a/k/a...jokeiii

[ This Message was edited by: jokeiii 2013-06-11 11:52 ]

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-10 09:44 am   Permalink

A few photos from Sunday's final festivities ...

Skinny Jimmy & the Stingrays kept the diehards dancing in The Molokai all day. We didn't want it to end.

After the screening of "Plastic Paradise," villagers enjoyed three special "lost cocktails" as a mahalo from The Mai-Kai.

We hope everyone made it home safely.

See you June 12-15, 2014!

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 10:00 am   Permalink

Hands-down the absolute best Tiki event in America. Top dog, head honcho! And the best dressed by a longshot

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 4:00 pm   Permalink

thanks for having me & making me feel welcome.

this was my first hukilau, and it was both a great time and a learning experience. Next year I'll be back with more stuff...

mahalo...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rama Lama
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-10 9:58 pm   Permalink

The Ding Dong Devils had a wild and wonderful time at Hukilau 2013. The following are some scenes from the magical weekend in Ft. Lauderdale, FLA.

Before a tasty Hukilau 2013 adult beverage...

... and after!!

Pssssst, there's a secret party down the hall.

The Mai Kai is amazing and Hukilau is funner than all get out!!!

Edwin Rama Lama Letcher

View Profile of Rama Lama Send a personal message to Rama Lama  Email Rama Lama Goto the website of Rama Lama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 10:16 pm   Permalink

Hey that's a lot of my favorite peoples!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-11 08:56 am   Permalink

Rain or not it still looks like a lot of fun.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-11 11:57 am   Permalink

Quote:
On 2013-06-11 08:56, bongofury wrote:
Rain or not it still looks like a lot of fun.

A LOT of fun.

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 09:37 am   Permalink

On behalf of The Hula Girls, I just wanted to say how much fun we had playing for you all! You couldn't have been a better crowd... and to have the opportunity to play in the Mai Kai?? What an honor and a what a blast!

A giant thanks to Christie for bringing us all of the way over to the Hukilau!! We hope to do it again soon!

THANKS!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 10:20 am   Permalink

Wow, what a sensational Hukilau! Deepest gratitude to everybody's hard work staging this sensational event.
Tristan filmed my swim Friday & I would love to share it with you. For those of you watching from the Wreck Bar, the video video shows a unique view of the presentation. Ixtahuele's "Gardens of Mu" is perfect as the background music.

http://youtu.be/fs8Fv3qbuog

If you click on it and it doesn’t go through, copy and paste it into Google or whatever search engine you use. Then click on: TikiBree Mermaid Swim Hukilau 2013 – YouTube.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bree 2013-06-12 10:24 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 11:54 am   Permalink

I had to miss it to see Bunny Yeagar. I'm so excited that there's video! Thanks for posting, watching it now.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation