FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The Hukilau 2013 Official Thread and Announcement
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
The Hukilau 2013 Official Thread and Announcement
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-10 10:55 am   Permalink

Hey thanks for the info.
"but I would at least hope we'll see lots of samples"
That's good but I mostly want the bottle.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-10 10:59 am   Permalink

It's very helpful that Deadhead Rum has a very unique bottle -- gotta expect that alone will give it quite a bit more appeal to the masses and might be enough to help incorporate it permanently into the rum landscape.

I can't remember tasting Bacardi 8 but will make certain to try it. I've seen Bacardi 8 show up in a number of recipes from mixologists-of-note.

I've left a few comments on the Deadhead Rum web site asking about selling it in Florida. It takes time to produce enough to meet demand and get it into the distribution channels. We can only hope they started making enough way back 6 years ago, otherwise we will have to wait for production and aging to meet the developing demand. Word seems to be getting out, though. And friends who have tasted it at my bar like it.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-10 11:07 am   Permalink

Deadhead Rum is an Official Vendor and they will be selling their Rum at the event!!

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-10 11:15 am   Permalink

Hoo-ray!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-12 1:18 pm   Permalink

The Hula Girls are REALLY looking forward to playing our first Hukilau!
We're super excited to see the MaiKai too! Can't wait!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-19 10:01 am   Permalink

Can't wait for Hukilau! Have lots of work to do. I'll have some original paintings, along with prints, my mugs and some of these Tangaroa wall mounts among other stuff!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-20 10:00 am   Permalink

Hey Spike hope to meet you at Hukilau.
The sign you made us got here, It's awesome!
Are you going to bring some other signs with you?
Great job!

More photos here.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18485&forum=18&start=last&673

-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-Google "Tiki bar lights" To find TIKISKIP-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-

:-:*''""*:.-::-**-::-:*''""*:.-:

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-05-20 10:05 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rama Lama
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-21 9:00 pm   Permalink

There are only 16 more days until Hukilau 2013... but who's counting??!!! The Ding Dong Devils are practically vibrating with excitement!

(photo by David Gene Echt)

View Profile of Rama Lama Send a personal message to Rama Lama  Email Rama Lama Goto the website of Rama Lama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-22 4:22 pm   Permalink

I see Tiki Diablo will be selling the event mugs beginning tomorrow. I am not sure if the mug is included with the vip ticket I purchased. Can someone please let me know? Thanks! I would hate to miss out on a great mug like that!

Moai Mike

View Profile of Moai Mike Send a personal message to Moai Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-22 4:56 pm   Permalink

Moai Mike, if you are attending The Hukilau and didn't receive an email about purchasing a mug PM me!!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-25 12:42 pm   Permalink

The mug is now available to the general public!

* It's is 8.5 inches tall and holds about 13 ounces.
* It comes with a faux lava rock coaster and LED light!
* There are two colors, Sausalito Brown and Redwood Ember.
* There's just 100 of each color, so order now!

Here's the link to purchase:
http://tikidiablo.com/hukilau/

Tiki Diablo has out-done himself on this one. Now I want lights on all my mugs.

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-25 2:51 pm   Permalink

Here's a peek at some more of the official merch for The Hukilau that hasn't already been posted on this thread ...

The final Coconut Mug, logo by Kevin Kidney (Limited to 150) ...

The return of the Snifter Glass (perfect for the Black Magic or Mutiny) in a very limited release of 40 ...

And the official T-shirt logo design ...

Go back a couple pages on this thread for photos of the pendant (inspired by the same Barney West giant Tiki in The Mai-Kai Garden that Tiki Diablo based the mug on).

Also available is the previously released Florida Glassware and California Glassware (double old fashioned glasses with vintage artwork and logos) plus a new Hukilau/Mai-Kai Pillow Cover featuring the fabric designed by Shag in 2010.

And, if you're staying at the Yankee Clipper, you'll find this cool keepsake in your goodie bag to add to your matchbook collection ...

Attendees have been given a special link to order in advance. Everything that doesn't sell will also be available at The Hukilau merch booth in the Tiki Treasures Bazaar. For the first time, the bazaar will be free and open to the general public on Saturday afternoon.

All merchandise is intended for pick-up at the event. Only if merchandise is left over after the event will it again be offered online and shipped.

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-25 3:22 pm   Permalink

We've also neglected to mention the newest sponsors in this space. Please welcome:

Ron Diplomatico aged rum from Venezuala, which will be featured in Jeff "Beachbum" Berry's symposium and in special cocktails at The Mai-Kai throughout the weekend.

Look for Angostura Rum and Bitters in the Tiki Treasures Bazaar, where brand ambassador David Delaney will be mixing special cocktails on Friday afternoon.

Barritt's Ginger Beer will be featured in cocktails Thursday and Friday evenings in the Tiki Treasures Bazaar.

And don't forget all the previously announced sponsors: Deadhead Rum, Fee Brothers, The Mai-Kai, Tropic magazine, Tiki Magazine, and South Pacific Promotions.

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-26 08:42 am   Permalink

TikiSkip, I'm glad that sign worked out for you! Looks great against the color of your house!
And no, I won't be bringing any signs to the event to sell, I already have to deal with getting our merch and my big hollowbody guitar out there! Wish I could though!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-26 09:47 am   Permalink

Ok Spike,
Just want to tell all what a pleasure it was to work with you, and
what a great job you did.
Even with all of the demands we made of you.
Will buy your band merch then, 3 XL?

Hey on a side note here are just a few of the lights I will be selling at Hukilau.
Going to have I think over 30 lights. (12 float style: Red, Yellow, Blue, green, 4 inch to 12 inches)
Will also have T shirts 3 XL and smaller sizes.
Going to have stuff in price ranges of $2.00 to ($300.00 Kahiki table)
Was going to bring one Kahiki table don't know if a person would be able to get this home.
I paid $400.00 for the one in my bar. (but then I got to walk through the restaurant and pick a big one)
It is the best thing I have in my home bar, when I sit at it I can feel all of the birthdays, break ups, make ups, and more if these tables could talk.
Tables are about 3 foot by 4 foot 2 inches thick rare Koa wood. (is there interest? should I bring more?)
I will be by the restrooms on the back wall of the bar,so stops by and say hi.

-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-Google "Tiki bar lights" To find TIKISKIP-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-

:-:*''""*:.-::-**-::-:*''""*:.-:

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation