FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts the vaguely artistic scratchings of elgarbo - Volcano Tiki progress
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
the vaguely artistic scratchings of elgarbo - Volcano Tiki progress
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-12 7:14 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone! I'm pretty new to posting on this forum (been reading forever though) and I thought it'd be cool to share some of what I've been doing and possibly get some feedback from people who probably have a much better idea about this sort of thing than me.

I've been dabbling with acrylic paints but I'm still a long way from being confident enough to share anything. However, whenever I have a bit of downtime I do a bit of digital painting on my iPad. Here's some in progress shots of a piece that I've been working on.

Started with a sketch in a note book, which I photographed and imported into the Imagine Pro app.

Then it's just a matter of painting over the top.

Here's where I'm currently at. There's still lots of detail to add - particularly the water, the island, the sky and the surfboard. I plan on adding some sort of tiki design to the board. I also need to figure out what to do with her empty hand - I'd like for her to be holding something but I haven't figured it out yet - maybe a shrunken head or something.

Cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: Elgarbo 2013-02-15 22:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: elgarbo 2013-02-28 03:33 ]

View Profile of Elgarbo Send a personal message to Elgarbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-12 8:32 pm   Permalink

Well.....she has a big butt.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-12 8:44 pm   Permalink

Give her big knockers and blow the top off that volcano...LOL Welcome to TC and keep on posting.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-12 11:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-10-12 20:32, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Well.....she has a big butt.

Yeah, was trying to be a bit stylistic but I think I agree with you. I'll slim her down a bit before it's complete.

View Profile of Elgarbo Send a personal message to Elgarbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-13 08:20 am   Permalink

'Volcano Thighs' ?

She's looking pretty good, though I'd get rid of the shadow next to the nose and put just a tiny triangle under it.

In the outline she has a really round 'cute' face, but that shadow completely changes her.

I was expecting some big ol pearlies too, now he mouth is so small.

[ This Message was edited by: Badd Tiki 2012-10-13 08:21 ]

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-13 08:39 am   Permalink

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little "junk in the trunk"!

Welcome to TC Elgarbo, hope to see lots more of this style.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-13 6:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the feedback. I've taken some of it on board and continued to add some detail.

Most significantly, I've carved her thighs down significantly. Started adding detail to her face and body, detail to the water and changed up the eruption. Added some highlights to her hair too.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-14 02:26 am   Permalink

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-15 1:26 pm   Permalink

Finished! Still some bits that I'm not entirely pleased with, but it's a good way to dust off the cobwebs and get back into drawing and colouring.

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-15 1:45 pm   Permalink

Nice. I like it.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-15 3:34 pm   Permalink

Very cool, I like that sly little smile It's fun to watch a piece of art evolve.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-15 4:40 pm   Permalink

I really enjoyed your step by steps. It's going to be hard to compete with computer apps.. Especially because I don't know how. This is a really fun picture. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-16 01:08 am   Permalink

Thanks you guys. Now to figure out what to try next...

Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-21 04:52 am   Permalink

Killed this one off... wasn't happy with how it was going.

[ This Message was edited by: elgarbo 2012-11-09 02:25 ]

Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-09 02:30 am   Permalink

Went out, bought some acrylics, paint brushes and a canvas and started knocking out my first painting since I left high school. This is mostly an experiment to get the hang of how the paint works, but I'm happy with how it's turning out.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation