FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts the vaguely artistic scratchings of elgarbo - Volcano Tiki progress
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
the vaguely artistic scratchings of elgarbo - Volcano Tiki progress
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-13 11:33 pm   Permalink

Nearing completion! Need to finish adding shadows and highlights to the tiki and I plan on redoing the volcano smoke. A few other minor details and she'll be ready to go...

View Profile of Elgarbo Send a personal message to Elgarbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-14 07:00 am   Permalink

Looks incredible great use of light and color love the palms by the way really cool style

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-16 11:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks anthonymaye!

Just finished up the finishing details. May I present the first painting I've done since I was in high school... "Tiki Beach."

View Profile of Elgarbo Send a personal message to Elgarbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-17 03:16 am   Permalink

From a different angle...

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-17 04:06 am   Permalink

Hey Edgarbo, that "different angle" thing only works on 3D objects

Just kidding! Glad you got your hands on some paints and took a chance. I like the way it turned out. I'm with Anthony, I like that "nest of palm trees" ~ reminds me of a pile of snakes.

EDIT - you obviously have some artistic talent, have you been "artless" since you got out of school or did you have another outlet?

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2012-11-17 12:13 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-17 6:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks MadDogMike - for a while my artistic outlet was photography, but in many ways I found the science of it to be very constrictive. Painting seems to be less prohibitive but that's probably just because I've only just started playing around with it.

[ This Message was edited by: Elgarbo 2012-12-13 14:38 ]

Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-13 2:42 pm   Permalink

Been working on a new piece...

Still have plenty of details to add... Shadows and reflections and all that.

[ This Message was edited by: Elgarbo 2012-12-13 14:43 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-13 9:55 pm   Permalink

Gonna be another great one.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-16 9:39 pm   Permalink

Cheers MadDogMike!

Somne progress! Window reflections and most of the chrome work sorted. Still need to figure out a tiki-style grille... probably do that last.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-16 10:38 pm   Permalink

I'm still trying to figure out what type of car it is. Early to mid-60s...? The front reminds me of a Lincoln but the rear doesn't match

Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-17 02:18 am   Permalink

Just a generic 60's style... hasn't been based on anything specific. Probably a result of the fact that it started as a random scribble in my notebook and then took on a life of its own.

Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-23 11:31 pm   Permalink

And just like that, after a crazy Christmas Eve of non-stop painting, I've got all the finicky background details sorted out... and voila! A new painting is complete.

"South Pacific Highway"
12x16 Acrylic on canvas

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-24 01:53 am   Permalink

That's sweet Elgarbo. Personally i liked the composition of the original sketch with the bird, the tree to the left, and without the tiki (yeah, yeah, sacrilegious i know) but the finished piece looks great.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-24 07:39 am   Permalink

another damn cool painting, really dig the grill

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-24 10:07 am   Permalink

Super, great movement and perfect chrome coloring. A wonderful composition,Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation