FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts the vaguely artistic scratchings of elgarbo - Volcano Tiki progress
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
the vaguely artistic scratchings of elgarbo - Volcano Tiki progress
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-24 12:37 pm   Permalink

Turned out great Elgarbo! The grill has a bit of a King Tut feel too. After you make prints from this one you can replace the background with a pyramid and sell prints on Pharoh Central too

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-25 4:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys... just another step on my dreams of artistic dominance.

Swizzle - I totally agree re: the composition. Still trying to find the best way to accurately copy stuff from my tiny little sketch book to a much larger canvas. I'd like to get my hands on a projector but until such a time, tedious grid work will have to do.

View Profile of Elgarbo Send a personal message to Elgarbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-10 8:25 pm   Permalink

Okay, new painting just started. "The Beacon" - a tiki lighthouse on the wild seas...

View Profile of Elgarbo Send a personal message to Elgarbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-11 10:18 pm   Permalink

Started laying down some flat colours today. The plan is to go a bit overboard with detail, particularly under the sea. The sky will also be a different colour when it's all finished.. probably something darker and more ominous.

Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-13 01:13 am   Permalink

Painted up a storm today...

[ This Message was edited by: Elgarbo 2013-01-13 01:15 ]

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-13 01:41 am   Permalink

Lookin' good so far. I like the clouds and lightning.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-13 09:03 am   Permalink

WOW! That's a big change. Very dramatic!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-19 01:45 am   Permalink

Thanks guys. I'm up to the fun bit now... playing with detail and light. Drawing it up and laying down flat colours is a bit of a chore but I've found that if I don't do it I end up with something that could only be described as ghastly... and not in a good way.

Anyway, here's a few more hours of laying down paints...

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-20 09:19 am   Permalink

You will need to remove the vaguely from you header with your new excellent work of art. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-21 11:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks Wendy - very much appreciated!

There has been some progress since the last installment. The tiki beacon is now fully painted, save for some small details that I'll work on later.

I've also now completed the surface of the ocean, with some waves reflecting the lightning about the place.

Last of all, I've started working on the underwater scene - the plan is to make it a total contrast to the chaos above, with colourful corals and sea life... all oblivious to the storm raging overhead.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-22 05:51 am   Permalink

Love it Elgarbo! Like your plan for the tranquility below.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-22 08:23 am   Permalink

Nice piece, I was wondering what you were going to do with the underwater area. Would be interesting to see what colors you use.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-22 4:03 pm   Permalink

Elgarbo, I love how each step continues to be beautiful, as well as to add so much to the piece. Thanks for the step by step. Look forward to watching the show...

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-24 12:19 am   Permalink

Hey thanks guys, it's very affirming to know people are actually paying attention to my developing skills.

Anyway, I spent pretty much all of today and much of yesterday sitting around with a brush in hand, working on the coral. I've now finished almost all of the rough details - I think there are two colours still incomplete. Then it's back again to add in outlines and some of the finer details.

Here's a detail shot of the coral in progress. It's a bad photo - cameraphone - but I guess it gives a reasonable idea of how it's progressing.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-24 05:50 am   Permalink

Oh Yeah!!!!! Beautiful bright colors to contrast the gloomy storm above

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation