[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Stachetiki 1.0
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Stachetiki 1.0
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-22 4:58 pm   Permalink

Wendy,

As per your suggestion, I posted up a step by step on building a form like this (though smaller) here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=44206&forum=18&0

It's my first step by step (though I've read a bunch), look forward to feedback/advice!

Thanks!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-28 06:04 am   Permalink

Grungiki, bisque fired. Waiting for Stachetiki (and a few other pieces) to come out of the kiln. Thought I was going with one glaze pre-firing, now a bit unsure.... does this happen to anyone else?

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-29 2:17 pm   Permalink

First peek out of the kiln. Pretty excited, new glaze combo (blue exterior w/ orange interior), looks great. More photos to come...

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-29 5:24 pm   Permalink

StacheTiki glazed pics:

The orange interior glaze melted a little bit over the side, but I'm pretty happy overall with the new blue glaze. Would love any feedback/thoughts from all.

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-30 07:32 am   Permalink

I dig it.
Don't be afraid to brush on a few layers to really get it to pop.
Looking good!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-30 6:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Hale Tiki. It was the first time using a new glaze (without testing it first). I brushed on three coats, maybe an extra one next time around, though I admit I kinda like the "washed" effect.

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-20 12:15 pm   Permalink

Wanted to post an update to the Grungiki mug/ decanter (it's pretty darn large). Finally got him glazed and fired. Unfortunately, the toothpick I had in his earring hole burned up too early in the firing, have to drill out the little bit of glaze that is sealing the hole up (admittedly, slightly nervous about cracking the ear). A few new pieces in the works, will start a new thread with a number of photos at once (since each piece is taking a while to finish up). Would love any feedback, as always.

http://www.instagram.com/tikianos

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation