FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Adrift, Denver, CO (restaurant)
Adrift, Denver, CO (restaurant)
cap'n cook
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-13 09:38 am   Permalink

Name:Adrift
Type:restaurant
Street:Broadway
City:Denver
State:CO
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Beautiful new bar with full tiki decor and classic drinks to satisfy seasoned tropical drink enthusiasts. they have done a terrific job with honoring past tiki traditions but adding some updates so the place feels fresh and hip to folks just hitting a tiki bar for the first time. The drinks are all carefully crafted, the food is an interesting range from Asian to Polynesian to South American. The staff is kind and very attentive and interested in giving you a great experience, and tropical/lounge music is played in the background with not a single TV in sight! Upcoming events include monthly luaus and Sunday movie nights. Highly reccommended! They have done a wonderful job with this place.

[ This Message was edited by: Cap'n Cook 2012-11-10 08:46 ]

View Profile of cap'n cook Send a personal message to cap'n cook      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-23 3:58 pm   Permalink

I tried going to Adrift again to FINALLY sample some of their food, but no love; they don't open until 5:00pm. I've been there a few times for drinks and have had a great time. Next time I'm in Denver I'll head back.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTie 2012-12-23 16:00 ]

View Profile of TikiTie Send a personal message to TikiTie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyndigo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-18 12:45 pm   Permalink

I just found this bar and their menu says they have Khao Soi ... it's the yellow curry chicken noodle food of the gods. Plan to drag friends there soon ... how does one propose Tiki meetups?

View Profile of cyndigo Send a personal message to cyndigo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-24 08:05 am   Permalink

Finally got here the other night, and was quite pleased. The decor was definitely tiki, but more on the understated side of things. The menu only has a few food choices, but everyone's food was much better than expected for bar food and quite well seasoned. My wife, who is Cajun, had the Po Boy and she ranked it up there with one she had in Louisiana—thumbs up!

I had a Suffering Bastard and Bird of Paradise, and a friend had a Zombie. All were very well prepared and delicious, and definitely not in the weak side of things.

The only thing that concerned me was how empty the place seemed on a Thursday night. The back room where we were seated was entirely empty, although there were a few people in the front room.

I snapped some pics, pardon the quality (iPhone plus low light plus good liquor!):

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-08 3:36 pm   Permalink

I'm going to be in Denver this weekend. Would love to hit up Adrift. Any confirm whether they started using their signature coconut mug yet?

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-10-08 4:33 pm   Permalink

I did not see it when I was there, but I'm not sure which drinks are served in it.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-28 8:11 pm   Permalink

Tikis in front of Adrft. The second one can be seen behind the tree.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-26 10:53 pm   Permalink

In town and planning to visit tomorrow night. Any advice from the locals?

Or requests for (legitimately obtained) ephemera and/or photos?

[ This Message was edited by: Joshua Bell 2014-06-26 22:54 ]

View Profile of Joshua Bell Send a personal message to Joshua Bell  Email Joshua Bell Goto the website of Joshua Bell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation