Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki looking for flickering outside tiki torches
looking for flickering outside tiki torches
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-14 02:53 am   Permalink

We are looking for a set of flickering outside/garden tiki torches(the plastic type with a spike in the bottom),Got a set off ebay years ago but are coming out to SOCAL next week and wonder if any shops stock them still

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-14 06:18 am   Permalink

I picked up a set at my local hardware store. They are part of the "DoIt Center" group, maybe other stores in that group carry them too. Here are some of their locations in California
http://www.doitcenter.com/ourlocations.html
I could have sworn I saw them at Lowe's yesterday too.

The first set I bought years ago was woven bamboo with a bamboo pole, a solar panel on top and they had a nice flicker to them. But they only lasted a couple of years before the woven part fell apart. The next ones I picked up looked exactly the same but they were all plastic. In this case I think that is actually a good thing and they will be more durable. They've got a nice yellow glow but they don't flicker very much.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-14 08:19 am   Permalink

http://www.amazon.com/Adamax-TIKILED2-Solar-Flickering-Torches/dp/B007W6XV6U

I have these, but still need to get them installed. Just sharing.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lodge 9
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-14 09:18 am   Permalink

I have some solar ones that I picked up at Lowes.

View Profile of Lodge 9 Send a personal message to Lodge 9  Email Lodge 9     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-14 09:54 am   Permalink

Home depot sells them. I think they are totally rad!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-19 09:33 am   Permalink

I was reading a blog from Northern Virginia and I came upon on thread where a guy was going to buy 50 of these for his yard...had a good laugh. BTW, Anyone ever bought the Moai from HD? Crap or OK? OGR

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Moonrays-Outdoor-Brown-Solar-Powered-LED-Tiki-Warrior-Light-95960/203404394#.UUiBYBcp-So

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation