FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Gibbo's Hale KuKu Bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Gibbo's Hale KuKu Bar
Bonj
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-25 2:30 pm   Permalink

Lookin' good, Gibbo!

View Profile of Bonj Send a personal message to Bonj      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 2:49 pm   Permalink

Well done, Gibbo. Thanks for sharing. As it continues to evolve keep sharing pictures. I am jealous of all your big statues and carvings! They look great and so impressive!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bev
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-25 2:51 pm   Permalink

Very nice, great job

View Profile of Bamboo Bev Send a personal message to Bamboo Bev      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 7:13 pm   Permalink

Gibbo,
I'm jealous of your entire bar. I like the way you put it all together. Nice collection of everything. It's perfect the way it is. If my Bro, David (umi' ) ever makes it down under, you know I will be there too. It's on our bucket list.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 9:40 pm   Permalink

Gibbo, Thanx for all the feedback on Hale Kuku. After enjoying the pix of your place the story behind your "stuff"is like icing on a cake.
Cheers,
David

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-10-27 00:08 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-26 8:58 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! Really great build...your furnishings are awesome. Your PNG collections is off the hook...it really livens the place up. Looking forward to more of your passionate work.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gibbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-27 02:51 am   Permalink

Thank you all for the wonderful comments, I'm seriously blown away by all of them and so very pleased you guys like the bar room as much as I do.

As I mentioned previously, this informative and addictive site with all the sharing people here has been the inspiration and has provided the information and knowledge that taught me how to get this far with the room. I'm a metal worker by trade and wood is usually something that I put on the BBQ... so getting all the timber and bamboo etc up on the walls was all new to me. The ceiling was a little bit of a mystery too but the photos of Bamboo Bens work helped me to nut out how to get that sorted out and looking good. So, I am indebted to you all.

Swizzle - Thanks for the compliments and hey, Melbourne is not that far a way, Yes the stone Ku out front and the Lono were carved out of some sort or white stone. I have a larger one out the back in the yard by the kids Polynesian style cubby house on stilts.

Murph - What can I say, your bar is the killer. You are one of the "TC's Grand Poobars" of home bar builders, I have always enjoyed checking out your pics over the years. Thank you for your kind words. Words just don't come to my mind to say how much I have enjoyed your pics.

Bonj - Thanks mate.

LoriLovesTiki - Glad you liked the big PNG pieces also, they sure make a statement don't they...every time I go into the room I too think just how cool these are (they are that new to me too). Will certainly post more pics as the room fills out over time, I should throw in some of the back yard for you all to see as well if you are interested.

Bamboo Bev - Thank you for your comments also

Tiki Vato - Joe if you and David do ever get to cross Australia off of your bucket list, make sure you guys look me up. Yours is another bar area I have admired since you first posted your photos here, it is fantastic!!

Nui'umi'umi - David, I really appreciate you guys letting me know how much you enjoyed the pics and a little back story. Thanks Buddy!

VampiressRN - Thank you so very much!

Cheers and Mahalo,

Gibbo

View Profile of Gibbo Send a personal message to Gibbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-28 09:32 am   Permalink

DAMN. There is nothing NOT to like. What a beautiful bar. I love all the little touches like the lei hanging off the picture frame, and the glass floats under the table. Is that a bubble top Seeburg jukebox? I want to drink a Mai Tai in this place!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-31 08:21 am   Permalink

That's a really beautiful place you have, not just the tiki's and PNG carvings but the overall room, like going to a Trader Vic's!

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-01 5:35 pm   Permalink

Great feel, Gibbo. And -- like everybody else -- love those doors!

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gibbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-02 4:46 pm   Permalink

Tigertail777 - You can have a Mai Tai here any time! that old jukebox with the bubble top is an AMI Continental from around 1961 but the one in the foyer is a Seeburg from 1955

Wayfarer - Thank you for your nice words too and also the comparison to Trader Vic's...that is a huge compliment to me.

Mike and Marie - Thank you for checking this out, I'm really enjoying seeing your room evolve and come to life, it is a terrific space with so many cool things you guys have done to make is so special.

I have attached a few pics of the back yard for anyone that's interested. It's been evolving for the past nine years so it looks a little weather worn, plus the dry winter didn't help things. The plumaria looks much better in a couple months when they have leaves and flowers too.

The Hale KuKu has a sliding door to the left of the big PNG carvings that opens up so you can go into the outside luau bar to serve drinks. I put this bar together some years ago for our luaus...it was an old packing box I modified for a one night stand but everyone loved it so much it's still being used.

There are also a few shots of the kids "little grass shack" (cubby house) which went up a few years ago as well. There is even a jetty and a fishing boat for them to play in. Our three kids love it and we seem to have a heap of other kids from school wanting to come over and play here as well.

Hope you guys enjoy these pics as well.

Mahalo and Aloha!
Gibbo

View Profile of Gibbo Send a personal message to Gibbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gran Poobah

Posted: 2012-11-02 6:42 pm   Permalink

Absolutely WONDERFUL...... Killer pad.

...my first post ever and a fitting post at that.....

[ This Message was edited by: Gran Poobah 2012-11-02 18:44 ]

View Profile of Gran Poobah Send a personal message to Gran Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-05 08:44 am   Permalink

I wish we lived in AU just so we could hang out at your tiki palace. I really enjoyed your photos. It shows the joy there is in tiki decorating. I am inspired by your creativity right down to floats under the table. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-06 03:52 am   Permalink

wow, its been a while since i've been on TC and i'm blown away by all the aussies kicking arse with the home bar projects! Gibbo this is out of the park, if only you weren't so far away i'd love to check it out in person. Good inspiration for my upcoming bar and backyard build. In fact now you've got me searching for an old wooden row boat to throw out the back too, hopefully i can find one. Great idea!

cheers,
harro
PS great collection of tikis too, some real nice ones in there. Bet they've been hard to acquire?

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimbo020
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-06 06:30 am   Permalink

WOW... so cool...!!!

View Profile of jimbo020 Send a personal message to jimbo020      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation