FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Gibbo's Hale KuKu Bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Gibbo's Hale KuKu Bar
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-06 10:46 am   Permalink

Great space. Those jukeboxes are awesome!!!!

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-07 06:06 am   Permalink

Fantastic place Gibbo! Outstanding! You've notched a spot on my all time favorites list.

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-07 07:47 am   Permalink

That's a lot of tiki space.....awesome

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-07 08:56 am   Permalink

Masterpiece for sure mate!

I wouldn't want to ever leave!

Thank you for sharing.

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-08 2:21 pm   Permalink

Fantastic looking place. I've learned a little about Perth watching Gardening Australia but they failed to mention the tiki scene. Imagine that.

Looks very inviting. You'd have to have security kick me out of there.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gibbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-15 4:22 pm   Permalink

Aloha All,

Just a quick update on how the Hale Kuku is progressing after a the initial post.I carved out a sign from an old packing crate and it now lives above the entry doors to welcome our guests.

A closer look, first time I have tried anything like this but after reading through enough information in posts here on TC I felt I could tackle it with the router, it turned out just fine.

Next I added an old dresser for some cupboards. You need storage and after cutting (hacking) the top of the unit off, I built the bottom section in and extended the bottle display and it looks at home there now.

The top of the unit was resting up against the bare back wall and it to looked at home there so I haven't moved it. It proves to be a great place to store and display more "stuff" that has taken up residence in the Hale Kuku.

And a close up of the Barsony Hawaiian lamp copy for those interested.

Found a few fishing floats that I have since hung up, some repros I had, some came from Sue down in Mandurah and one kindly donated by good mate Komohana..thanks Bob.

I needed some place for all the glassware and found some brass plated glass hangers cheap on the net, so up in the roof they went.

Of course, a tip jar with the requisite PNG tiki, "God of Tips", looking after the donations and providing good mana to those who are generous .

We had a friend come visit from the States last November and so lacking any other form of accommodation, I added a bed to the Hale Kuku for her, now we have somewhere for guests to stay as well. Not sure if this will be permanently here but it certainly works for now.

Added a little more ....ahem...artwork as well, thanks to Keith for sending the beautiful Song Shen velvet all the way down here to Perth.

And finally if you have all hung in here reading until now, a bit of an overview of the room so it kinda joins it all together for you.

Mahalo for all the wonderful comments I have received in the past too, they were very nice, so very much appreciated and I know I didn't get to thank everyone for their kind words. I'm glad you guys liked my little room as much as we do.

Aloha Nui Loa

Gibbo

View Profile of Gibbo Send a personal message to Gibbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-15 4:27 pm   Permalink

Really coming along nicely! keep up the good work.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-15 7:05 pm   Permalink

Gibbo,

Looks great. Such nice touches all around.

Love that large tiki you've got.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-15 7:41 pm   Permalink

Sweet
Cheers
Now pull one of those glasses down n shake me a Mai-Tai

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-15 10:29 pm   Permalink

Some fabulous additions to an already beautiful space Gibbo!

The Song Shen is particularly lovely... and the other velvets flesh out the walls nicely.

The cabinets turned out great! Also the entry sign, way cool. I think you're more of a wood guy than you let on, hmmm?

Stay awesome Gibbo, see ya.

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-16 5:58 pm   Permalink

Wow...that is classy looking. Very nice ambiance and beautiful collection. GREAT JOB!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BayIslander
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-16 6:12 pm   Permalink

Gibbo,

The Hale Kuku is an inspiration. Your keen attention to detail is truly impressive. If I had a bed in a tiki bar like this, I do believe I might never leave!

Cheers!

View Profile of BayIslander Send a personal message to BayIslander      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSpeer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-16 10:39 pm   Permalink

Wow you have a very nice collection.
It's a challenge to get some stuff down under for the right price.

View Profile of TikiSpeer Send a personal message to TikiSpeer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-17 09:26 am   Permalink

Great job on the ceilings.

A real pain in the neck to do, but worth it.

-Lonboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-17 4:29 pm   Permalink

Hats off to you Gibbo. I hadn't seen your earlier posts. That has to be hands down one of the best tiki spaces I've seen. Love the attention to detail and all the extras like the Hawaiian girl Barsony lamp, vintage jukebox and cane furniture, and of course your excellent collection of tikis.

[ This Message was edited by: Thurston Howell IV 2014-03-17 16:30 ]

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation