FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Gibbo's Hale KuKu Bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Gibbo's Hale KuKu Bar
Gsc
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-18 02:52 am   Permalink

Wow, what a spectacular blend of EVERYTHING- supurb job. It inspires me in my future bar build. Thank you for all the pics...you did an amazing job!!!!

View Profile of Gsc Send a personal message to Gsc  Email Gsc Goto the website of Gsc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gibbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-18 03:25 am   Permalink

Aloha All,

Thanks for checking the new photos out and all the responses have been really wonderful.

ATP and Lori, thank you so much

Hang 10, if you are in neighborhood let me know...it's a hell of a drive from Vegas for a Mai Tai though Jon.

Komohama, Bob thanks a heap old mate, your bar is fantastic, I really enjoyed the chance to check it out in person too! Really, I'm not a wood guy, love the stuff, can absolutely appreciate those who can make things with it but unless it goes together with 6 inch self drilling screws I have no clues. Thank goodness for those self drillers

Vamp, Marlene, thanks a bunch for the nice words, you are too kind.

BayIslander, Cheers and I'm really glad you like it, that bed may just have to stay in that case...might have to carve it up a little or find something more fitting to leave in there. It's great for the occasional visitor that's for sure.

TikiSpeer, you are so right, finding anything much in Perth is a real mission and I've been scrounging around for this stuff for years. Sometimes you just need to make things fit if it's not quite right. This stuff blends well for an overall effect at least so it's not too hard. We live in a tiki desert.

Longboard, Mahalo mate, if it was near as cool as yours bar I'd be very happy. Those ceilings were fairly straight forward after a little study here on TC, did them on my own so not too difficult. I had the look in my mind, I just had to figure out the steps involved to make it happen. The thanks go to those who have been there before me and posted pics.

TH IV, thanks mate, your comments were really appreciated. It has been a blast to built and fill and I'm very happy with the outcome. We spend a lot of time in there so it was well worth the effort.

GSC, just missed yours as I hit the button hence the edit but thanks for your nice words too, glad you found the pics helpful.

Cheers and mahalo for everything guys,

Gibbo

[ This Message was edited by: Gibbo 2014-03-18 03:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Gibbo 2014-03-18 03:29 ]

View Profile of Gibbo Send a personal message to Gibbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-18 4:45 pm   Permalink

WOW, just WOW!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-19 05:46 am   Permalink

Sorry I missed this thread, very relaxed old school Tiki style. NICE!

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-20 09:52 am   Permalink

"old school" was exactly the words I was looking for. Looks like it has been there for decades...and that is a wonderful thing.

Great job!

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-23 3:20 pm   Permalink

WOW! Your place looks fantastic! It would be nifty if you can find a way to keep a tiki-themed guest room

View Profile of Tiki-kitty Send a personal message to Tiki-kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-23 7:21 pm   Permalink

Love your place, love all the black velvet paintings and everything else, great job.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IDoVoodoo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-15 2:44 pm   Permalink

Your spot is amazing! The details and goodies are perfect! Hopefully more pics are on the way!

View Profile of IDoVoodoo Send a personal message to IDoVoodoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation