FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New mug from Trader Sam's?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
New mug from Trader Sam's?
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 10:57 am   Permalink

Where are you guys getting the storefront business from? Also, no tie-ins to mugs here, so I'd maybe keep the two on separate subjects. Sam's mugs will remain at Sam's.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-25 11:12 am   Permalink

And if you start a new thread, please also remember to slug the thread title with "Anaheim" for future when we will have two Trader Sam's locations.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 12:30 pm   Permalink

Storefront is just being used as what they theme it as, since it is supposed to be a trading post as the hub.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joshua_w
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 3 days ago; 03:20 am   Permalink

New mug released (08/25)
Second Edition of the Krakatoa Mug

Same sculpt as the previous Krakatoa, with a new glaze, just like they did with the barrel mug a while back. One difference, however, is that they're actually acknowledging this as a 2nd edition as seen on the bottom of the mug, unlike the barrel that still says 1st edition. This glaze is much better if you ask me, really shows off the detail in the sculpt much better than the previous glaze. These are going fast and from what I've been told will be sold out by tomorrow. Hopefully they can get more stock relatively quickly but who knows. Sometimes new Sam's mugs sell out and aren't seen again for quite a while.

View Profile of joshua_w Send a personal message to joshua_w      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 8:13 pm   Permalink

I'm surprised that it is the same design but they took the time to actually change out the copy on the bottom. You would think something like that would not be easy to change out.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 8:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-26 20:13, wizzard419 wrote:
I'm surprised that it is the same design but they took the time to actually change out the copy on the bottom. You would think something like that would not be easy to change out.

It's actually quite simple when you know what you're doing wizzard419. When you make mugs in runs of hundreds, or thousands, a master is made called a 'block and case' which effectively allows you to make as many molds as you like without loss of detail. All they have to do is modify the base part of the mold and make more of them, not the entire thing.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 10:07 pm   Permalink

Though if you really wanna be picky, you'll notice that "2nd" reads much thinner than the rest of the font and when compared to "1st" on the other mug.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2 days ago; 05:41 am   Permalink

Plus, Disney and their tiki designers are very aware of the collector's market and also us tiki fans. I remember the designers attending The Hukilau 3 or 4 years ago and I (and others) had all sorts of stuff which they made hand-signed. That was when I first learned that custom mugs were in the works for Trader Sam's.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 10:35 am   Permalink

I just hope they keep em in stock. It's a lovely mug.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation