FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » New mug from Trader Sam's?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 )
New mug from Trader Sam's?
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 9 days ago; 4:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-12 09:27, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-09-12 08:53, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
I was under the impression that the exterior glaze was orange?

If it is, it could be done well... just not too vibrant. More of a muted tone. AKA: not dayglow.

FWIW, post from the event blog:

Marcus on September 10th, 2014 at 6:33 pm
The pictured mug is actually the Mahalloween Edition. The 2nd edition is available for purchase that night, prior to the public being able to purchase.

When I first read the Parks blog post, I thought the zombie mug in the photo (with the "new" glaze" was the limited edition "glass", with it being available to the public AFTER the event. But, re-reading it for a third time, I think there really are TWO different vessels in play here:
- a boxed special-edition “Mahaloween Luau” glass (with a dated stamp)
- the zombie mug with "new" glaze, which will be available at the event FIRST, then available to the public subsequently. Same glaze.

If there's actually two different glazes for the zombie mug available at the event, great. But I don't read it that way.

Regardless, I'm psyched TS is hosting this event and look forward to seeing some of you guys there.

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 9 days ago; 4:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-12 16:01, finky099 wrote:
If there's actually two different glazes for the zombie mug available at the event, great. But I don't read it that way.

Same. I expect more of a double old fashioned glass. I guess two zombies would be cool but who knows. The 29th is taking forever to arrive!

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 9 days ago; 4:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-12 16:13, kkocka wrote:
the 29th is taking forever to arrive!

Tell me about it! Gonna stock up on some stuff tonight or tomorrow and do some cocktail experimenting this weekend just to bide the time.

Cheers, brah! Best to the Kockas!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 9 days ago; 10:18 pm   Permalink

From what I read, I think its going to be a zombie mug just for the event like the one pictured and then the 2nd edition mug which we will be able to buy. The stamped luau glass is part of the bag of stuff you get as you leave.

[ This Message was edited by: net-tiki 2014-09-13 00:47 ]

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 09:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-12 22:18, net-tiki wrote:
From what I read, I think its going to be a zombie mug just for the event like the one pictured and then the 2nd edition mug which we will be able to buy. The stamped luau glass is part of the bag of stuff you get as you leave.

[ This Message was edited by: net-tiki 2014-09-13 00:47 ]

This would be the ultimate. Three new tiki glasses/mugs. LOL.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 7 days ago; 1:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

This would be the ultimate. Three new tiki glasses/mugs. LOL.

Agreed! But I suspect the event mug and the 2nd edition Zombie are the same, except the event mug has the event name and date printed on it.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 12:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2014-09-14 13:29, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Agreed! But I suspect the event mug and the 2nd edition Zombie are the same, except the event mug has the event name and date printed on it.

This is what I've learned recently, broken down a bit easier than what the event blog mentioned:

Admission includes:
appetizers & drinks
jungle river cruise expedition bag with a special edition zombie glass
live musical entertainment
...and more tiki surprises!

So that might settle the debate. Whether that includes a different glaze variation for the special edition zombie glass, or if the date etc is simply inscribed, we'll just have to wait until the 29th. Is it the 29th yet?

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 11:50 pm   Permalink

Why oh why must we wait TEN MORE DAYS!

Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 1:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

So that might settle the debate. Whether that includes a different glaze variation for the special edition zombie glass, or if the date etc is simply inscribed, we'll just have to wait until the 29th. Is it the 29th yet?

Enquiring minds want to know...

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 7:28 pm   Permalink

I'm trying to remember if they usually do items with dates... I think they don't mostly because of the huge lag time required and the reality that dates can change.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SchuTiki

Posted: Yesterday; 7:19 pm   Permalink

I called on 9/15 and they were sold out for the Mahaloween Luau. Called again on 9/19 and they had two slots available for 4:30. Hope the souvenir mug is unique and fantastic!

View Profile of SchuTiki Send a personal message to SchuTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Today; 07:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-19 19:28, wizzard419 wrote:
I'm trying to remember if they usually do items with dates... I think they don't mostly because of the huge lag time required and the reality that dates can change.

They did put the date on the Tiki Room 50th event mug:
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/pictures.cgi?mode=view&pic_id=104678&mug_id=6421

So I suspect the date will be a decaled on as well.

wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Today; 09:26 am   Permalink

That is silk-screened though, which is faster to roll out than having it stamped in the mug itself before firing. They did also set to the closest Saturday afterwards, this is more of just some random Monday (the 29th, right?).

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation