FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New mug from Trader Sam's?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 )
New mug from Trader Sam's?
tikijimmy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-08-28 5:21 pm   Permalink

And the yellow Krakatoa...I get why most people don't like it. I'm sort of torn down the middle - I never liked the "nacho cheese" orange of the mugs in the past, though this particular color of yellow doesn't seem to be the right fit. If it were a bit darker or saturated I think I'd be down. I do like the more gray-toned matte majority of the mug as opposed to the browner tone. Still, the only Krakatoa mug I own is the red and gray matte from Grog Grotto in Orlando.

i don't find the yellow inherently horrible...if its rich enough might like it....will wait to see better photos...lets be objective here

Peace

Tikijimmy

View Profile of tikijimmy Send a personal message to tikijimmy  Email tikijimmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-29 07:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-08-28 13:53, AceExplorer wrote:
My walls and rafters at home go only so high, so I have become much more selective when it comes to buying more mugs. Besides, mugs deprive me of room for my bottles of booze, so... Decision made, lol!

Yesterday was the first time I have ever been to the thrift store and DIDN'T buy a Tiki mug that turned up there. I'm actually being selective! It's weird, but I did it!

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonMa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-08-29 07:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-08-28 15:34, Cavemoai wrote:

I saw one pic with a Made in China sticker on the bottom. So definitely not Tiki Farm.
[/quote]

Tiki Farm DOES manufacture a lot of their mugs in China and Mexico.
[/quote]
My mistake I thought they were primarily in Mexico.

View Profile of JasonMa Send a personal message to JasonMa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-14 4:25 pm   Permalink

Rumor is there's a "2nd edition" of last year's Hitchhiking Ghost mug coming soon to Sam's in Anaheim. Anyone know (a) is this true and (b) any details of the mug or when it may show up? I expect it'll be another nutso scene there if it's true.

Cheers!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonMa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-09-15 07:21 am   Permalink

The same blog that reported the mug last year is reporting the new version but no details beyond that.

I managed to get one of the WDW ones last year, taking advantage of being there when Hurricane Matthew made a glancing blow through the resort to go to Trader Sam's when they reopened.

View Profile of JasonMa Send a personal message to JasonMa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 12:08 pm   Permalink

It's true, no details on the final glaze though. There should be plenty of mugs this time around. I think Disney learned from their big, big mistake last year.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 29 days ago; 12:10 pm   Permalink

They also have a financial incentive - they may sell way more while the enthusiasm is high.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 25 days ago; 5:12 pm   Permalink

If Disney learned anything from last year's situation it was probably: Hey, we should charge MORE for these things!

But, yeah, I'll still drive over there to get mine the day social media lights up like Cincinnati about their release.

Cheers!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation