FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New mug from Trader Sam's?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
New mug from Trader Sam's?
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 10:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-11 11:20, tikilongbeach wrote:
I was at Trader Sam's yesterday and they had the blue/green barrels for sale. I didn't get one, but I did buy one of the TF clamshell bowls.
How come the shell bowls don't have Tiki Farm on the bottom of them?

Lori, I was there Sat. nite and and Bernardo confirmed what he told me on Sat. before last; "not until May". I picked up one of the 1rst edition tan/brown barrel mugs and another "clamshell" mug. The shells I picked up on both Saturdays are both marked "tiki farm" on the bottom. Hard to see on one of em but it's there.
CHEERS
Btw, when my source gives me the word, I will post asap-Then I will head to T S to confirm.

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2013-03-11 22:43 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 10:42 pm   Permalink

Wait! Does that mean that we won't be hearing anymore episodes from this fascinating saga until MAY !!? I know a reality show production company who was just getting interested...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 10:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-11 22:42, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wait! Does that mean that we won't be hearing anymore episodes from this fascinating saga until MAY !!? I know a reality show production company who was just getting interested...

*snicker*

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 11:19 pm   Permalink

I will be heading to Trader's around 6/6:30pm on Thursday if anyone else is gonna be there.

FWIW, a couple of the skips told me the same thing about the 2nd Edition barrels about three weeks ago; thought they'd run out of the 1st editions "sometime" in March. I was told they only received one case of the new mugs, and it was an accident since they weren't supposed to arrive yet.

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 11:31 pm   Permalink

I just smashed the new mug.....to see what was inside it.......I got a mood fish!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-13 05:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-12 23:31, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I just smashed the new mug.....to see what was inside it.......I got a mood fish!

What part of it moved? Was it the head? The tail? Or did the whole thing curl up? I bet it curled right up,lover-boy.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-14 3:02 pm   Permalink

Sven, call in the TV crew!

One of the mugs that isn't available until May...JUST SHOWED UP ON EBAY!

goo.gl/vJVkT

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-14 4:14 pm   Permalink

I know I'm just feeding into everyone's Disney Tiki mug addiction here but Rhonda (TS bartender) posted on her FB page that "New glazed shipwreck barrel available at Trader Sam's today".

People listen to me... Just say NO to drugs !! I mean mugs.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-14 5:35 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Or Got Rum? 2013-03-15 04:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Or Got Rum? 2013-03-15 04:55 ]

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 11:52 pm   Permalink

Visited T S this evening. The "new" shipwreck barrel mugs are there only they're not so "new" They have a very nice green with brown highlights glaze and the one I bought is about 1/4" taller than the original tan/brown version. They are both marked "1rst edition". All in all, a cool mug.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-16 08:03 am   Permalink

Yes, as related above, the new mugs are out. They appear to be a re-glaze of the original barrels.

A very nice looking mug.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-16 4:00 pm   Permalink

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/pictures.cgi?mode=view&pic_id=86759&mug_id=5818&ind_mug_id=59238

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-16 8:51 pm   Permalink

Here's a side by side fwiw. I like the more visible on the original mo betta although the heavy glaze on the other is nice. I gave one to my brother tikivato and the green one was noticeably taller and much heavier. Datsa lotta glaze.
Cheers
Btw, take a peek at the "Cobra Fang mugs my wife CeCe bought for me( Oceanic Arts) that I'm gonna post in tiki finds.

Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-18 3:53 pm   Permalink

Great side by side picks of the new mug.

I really like this new mug. It is going to fit in well with the other Trader Sam mugs

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-03 04:03 am   Permalink

So with the anniversary coming up, figured I would check up to see if there was any news. One bartender said that the new krakatoa mugs were ready - having seen it at Tiki Farm's warehouse, I'm excited. But she made it sound like they were going to have to plow through the inventory of the old mugs before the new ones get cranked out.

Anyone else hearing stirring about the new mug?

View Profile of tikijackskeleton Send a personal message to tikijackskeleton      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation