FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » New mug from Trader Sam's?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
New mug from Trader Sam's?
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-28 10:15 am   Permalink

New drinks at Sam's!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/tangaroa-terrace-menu-gets-makeover-plus-three-new-drinks-at-trader-sams-at-disneyland-hotel/

"Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar fans will love three new cocktails. Start with the Murky Mojito made with rum, fresh lime juice, mint and organic agave nectar topped with a splash of Angostura bitters. Or the Passionate Python with dark and aged rums, red passion fruit and tropical juices, garnished with an orange peel “python.” If you’re foregoing alcohol, try the Polynesian Punch, a mix of Sam’s Gorilla Grog with hibiscus grenadine. Sit back, sip and let the fun begin."

Hopefully that's the sign that a new mug is on the way, too.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-28 10:32 am   Permalink

I hope the new drinks at Sam's are good. I have noticed that generally there is a huge difference between "classic" cocktails and "restaurant consultant" cocktails. Often this is caused by the inability (or reluctance) of bar owners/operators to buy pricier ingredients like the good rums and other flavorings which we here appreciate so much. Sam's is fun, and I hope to see new mugs accompany the new drinks.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-28 10:38 am   Permalink

For the record, those are old-new drinks that have been out about a month ago. Passionate Python is the Sidewinder's Fang. I've been told that Murky Mojito is "a version of" a 151 Swizzle (though I don't see the relation myself).

No new mugs for these, though the non-alcoholic Polynesian Punch comes in the sipper used for Enchanted Tiki Room that is currently available since the last D23:

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-28 12:39 pm   Permalink

Ah. Def new to me… and they pushed them for the first time on the blog, today.

Nice to see they're using the sipper cup at Sam's. That's a nice piece, even if it is plastic.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-28 1:48 pm   Permalink

The sipper cups were out for a good stretch of time, which resulted in people claiming they were limited edition on ebay.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joshua_w
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-28 7:29 pm   Permalink

Well they originally WERE advertised by Disney as limited edition (1000 if I recall). They sold out very quickly. They made a comeback during D23 expo last year and have been around since (so much for limited, much like a lot of their "limited time magic" offerings last year). As for the new drinks, they've been there a little while now. Finally got around to trying them on Monday. The Murky Mojito was ok, nothing special to me, though I'm the wrong person to ask as I really don't care for mint. The Passionate Python was much too sweet for my taste, though we had a brand new bartender just learning the drinks so perhaps I should give it a shot another time. I think the Polynesian punch may have been the same thing they were serving at the outside bar during D23, I'll have to check to be sure, my memory of that day is a little murky.

View Profile of joshua_w Send a personal message to joshua_w      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monster Tiki

Posted: 2014-07-01 11:59 am   Permalink

We visited last week and my daughter ordered that drink. It was tasty, but the tiki glass it is offered in was sold out and unavailable.

View Profile of Monster Tiki Send a personal message to Monster Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-01 3:03 pm   Permalink

Which drink mug were they sold out of?

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-02 10:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-01 15:03, wizzard419 wrote:
Which drink mug were they sold out of?

I'm guessing the Polynesian Punch (sipper above).

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-24 11:43 am   Permalink

A new mug might be on the way for this new Adventureland Role Playing Game that is going to premiere in August. At D23, last year, WDI tested out the game and the prizes included a Trader Sam's 'juju' mask on a keychain.

tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-24 11:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-24 11:43, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
A new mug might be on the way for this new Adventureland Role Playing Game that is going to premiere in August. At D23, last year, WDI tested out the game and the prizes included a Trader Sam's 'juju' mask on a keychain.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/dateline-adventureland-adventure-trading-company-opening-soon-at-disneyland-park/

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-24 12:04 pm   Permalink

From the link: "Hello adventurers, Tallahassee Glover here with the first of a series of dispatches from deep in the jungles of Adventureland at Disneyland park. The birds who sing words tell us that a new merchant is opening soon for a limited engagement beginning August 1. Adventure Trading Company will be a provisions and publications company with a knack for selling goods that send the buyers on wild adventures. At the end of these adventures are Adventureland relics known as Juju. These unique artifacts reflect the ancient traditions and importance of storytelling in Adventureland. Collect Juju! Collect adventures! Collect stories!"

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 07:38 am   Permalink

Those jujus are pretty nice. I have a few. Anyone heard anything else about a mug coming along with it?

wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 10:02 am   Permalink

I wonder where they plan on putting the "storefront"? Possibly Aladdin's Oasis since things are kind of tight in that section.

Hopefully it lasts longer than a month since I don't go near the parks until the tourists are gone.

EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 10:25 am   Permalink

Right across from IJA, from what I understand. The oasis will be a quest location, though.

(Bring back Tahitian Terrace!!)

[ This Message was edited by: EPCOTExplorer 2014-07-25 10:26 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation