FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New mug from Trader Sam's?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
New mug from Trader Sam's?
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-20 08:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-19 13:16, SoccerTiki wrote:
I'll trade someone a box of twinkies for a Shrunken Zombie Head mug!!!

Less imposing of an offer now that the Bankruptcy Judge has refused Hostess' Management's request to pay themselves a bonus for liquidating the company and they decided to sit down & negotiate with the Bakers' union!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-20 11:54 am   Permalink

I still don't have a zombie mug.

Dammit.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-21 7:26 pm   Permalink

Was in Sams again today and again no mugs. Now they are saying mugs are back-ordered with no anticipated arrival date.

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-30 08:07 am   Permalink

Per a post on Facebook, there are some more of the Shrunken Head Zombie Mugs at Trader Sam's.

But, the poster also related he expected them to only last for a little while.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-01 02:26 am   Permalink

Picked up a couple zombie mugs tonight, apparently they are going fast. Still marked 1st edition. Thanks for the heads up Chippy.

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-01 1:51 pm   Permalink

Just got two mugs, only 4 cases left. New order due in 2 weeks. 16 cases received on Thursday and going fast.

DC

(edited to add photo)

[ This Message was edited by: Dustycajun 2012-12-03 13:27 ]

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-01 7:12 pm   Permalink

DAAAMMMMMMIIIITTTTT.

If anyone can get me two zombie and two barrel mugs, I'll be happy to paypal you the cost, plus shipping AND I'll send you a genuine Jivaro shrunken head, and some other swag, as a thank you.

A good friend went a few days after they were released and they were out. She's out of town for awhile, and I'm dying to get my hands on them, and the $60 that people are selling them for on ebay is just a dick move.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-03 2:42 pm   Permalink

Hale Tiki, I may be able to get by there tomorrow night. I need to pick up one for myself and two for my tiki compadres, so if they have some zombies left, I'll def snag two for you along with two barrels. No extra swag required. ; )

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-04 05:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-03 14:42, finky099 wrote:
Hale Tiki, I may be able to get by there tomorrow night. I need to pick up one for myself and two for my tiki compadres, so if they have some zombies left, I'll def snag two for you along with two barrels. No extra swag required. ; )

That would be amazing. My trip to Trader Sams was one of many sadly cut on my SoCal tiki tour in August. (Not cut by me, cut by someone who is no longer a friend for that, and many reasons.) I love the barrel mug, and although I would say I'm on the fringe of ETR and Haunted Mansion fans, designing that mug after The Hitchhiking Ghost was brilliant.

finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-07 2:00 pm   Permalink

Hale Tiki,
Apologies for the delayed response. As you have probably guessed by now, all the zombie mugs were gone when I got to Trader's Tuesday night. They confirmed the rumor that new mugs will be delivered this month. One of the Skippers thought they could be in as early the week of Dec. 10th, but regardless they should come in next week at some point.

He also said he expected the new glaze on the Trader Sam's barrell to come in at the end of Dec or in Jan.

Lastly, they got a new temporary Krakatoa mug. They're using the KU mug from Chongolio's new Pacific Islander trio TF came out with recently.

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-07 2:05 pm   Permalink

I'm planning to be at Trader's again on 12/17, so hopefulyl they DO have some more by then.

Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-07 4:41 pm   Permalink

Cool Finky, I will be there on the 17th too. My daughters are singing at the park that night and perhaps I can drag Mrs Chippy over to Sam's after they finish. We ran over Wednesday night after a performance to find they were out of mugs too. Hopefully we will see you then.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-08 06:20 am   Permalink

Well, keep me updated Finky.

I heard they had received more. Guess they haven't received them yet.

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-11 10:44 pm   Permalink

stopped by with my other half for a drink. wasn't looking to buy a zombie mug. Still not in and no one would venture a guess when the mugs would arrive. I spied an unfamiliar mug on the "island" behind the bar and I asked The barkeep to let me see it.He said it was the Krakato mug they were using til the Z mug arrived. It was the"lono" made by T F designed by Chongolio. I bought it and two others that were being used in lieu of the z mug. # 2 was "tonga" and # 3 "was" ku", also by T F/Chongolio.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-21 12:44 am   Permalink

One of the barkeeps said he's hoping the Zombie mugs will be in before the end of the year and that was the best I could get from any of the staff on duty tonight.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation