FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New mug from Trader Sam's?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
New mug from Trader Sam's?
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-21 2:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the update 'Numi! Let's hope so!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-21 4:25 pm   Permalink

My friends were there this week. Still no luck on the mugs. I have missed them twice now...

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-28 10:43 pm   Permalink

Per a post on Facebook, Trader Sam's has received a new shipment of mugs.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-29 9:53 pm   Permalink

Yep, they have more Zombies... These were taken tonight (Saturday) at about 6pm...

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-30 9:12 pm   Permalink

Just got a couple of these mugs. The bartender said they got a huge shipment but they have sold one third already in the last few days. He said everyone is buying them and putting them on ebay to sell. Crazy right? hahaha
By the way I liked the design of the barrel mug the best.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-30 10:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-30 21:12, hiltiki wrote:
Just got a couple of these mugs. The bartender said they got a huge shipment but they have sold one third already in the last few days.

I wouldn't run out too fast now. Bernado told me they had a massive order and they expect it to last around a month or two. He said that the last time they only got 2-3 cases. Still cool to get a hold of more. Doesn't seem like any difference from the last batch.

Sure, the mileage may vary. But it was fairly slow tonight and none other than the two I picked up were moving.

On that note, they're out of Lono's for the replacement Krakatoa mugs.

[ This Message was edited by: tikijackskeleton 2012-12-30 22:42 ]

View Profile of tikijackskeleton Send a personal message to tikijackskeleton      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-30 11:44 pm   Permalink

Seems from the pic that the color of glaze on the latest batch is pretty constant from mug to mug. My wife and I snagged 4 of em on the day they made their debut. All 4 were various shades from green to the blue shown in the pic. Not to worry-We don't buy for profit. One went to my son who got me started collecting, one went to a friend down under, and we kept one each for ourselves. It strikes me as not quite right to grab em up and then make a few dollars off a fellow collector.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-31 07:38 am   Permalink

I've seen them on ebay & they don't seem to be moving anymore. I'm sure if they ever discontinue them, they'll skyrocket, just like everything from the Enchanted Tiki Room. I got one Halloween night, just before they ran out. If you're in SoCal, do yourself a favor & make sure to hit Trader Sam's.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-31 1:33 pm   Permalink

Maybe a dumb question, but at some point was there an orange cyclops mug?

What are these?

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2012-12-31 13:36 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-31 1:45 pm   Permalink

You mean the "Hypnotiki" mug.......Dummie!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-31 1:55 pm   Permalink

That orange one's not a TF mug, right? Been a long while since I actually picked one up and looked at it. Can't remember, but I wanna say it was a certain Far East ceramic company.

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-31 1:56 pm   Permalink

Not being a mug collector (huge surprise?) I really have no idea about these things. Someone gave me a set of three, told me they were trader sams mugs.....but nope, they are Sam Gambino mugs instead, right?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-31 1:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-29 21:53, Kiwi Steve wrote:
Yep, they have more Zombies... These were taken tonight (Saturday) at about 6pm...

Kiwi Steve, thanks for the pics confirming the news! I am going to DD tonight, so hopefully the rumor that this shipment is expected to last a while is true. I was there about three weeks ago and the Skippers told me the next shipment (which they thougght would arrive sooner) would be a substantially greater quantity than the first batch.
Crossing my fingers!!!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-31 2:53 pm   Permalink

Lucas, your not mainlining that snow you saw yesterday?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koma Tiki

Posted: 2013-01-01 10:22 am   Permalink

I picked mine up yesterday and the colors are still varied. It looks like the ones they serve the drinks in are all real similar, but the ones you buy have varied colors.

[ This Message was edited by: Koma Tiki 2013-01-01 10:26 ]

View Profile of Koma Tiki Send a personal message to Koma Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation