FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Temple of Doom Tiki Mug--Cursed Tikis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Temple of Doom Tiki Mug--Cursed Tikis
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 4:57 pm   Permalink

The big differential in this case is "It depicts a specific black man who happens to also
be our sitting president" not just a generic figure.

So the Witch Doctor has made a personal statement towards a man of color
and that alone has racial overtones in the way it was represented, it can't help but be construed
in that context.

I second you on that cocktail, Cheers!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 5:32 pm   Permalink

I agree with you wildsville. I wouldn't purchase from him either. I got enough problems without adding the witch doctors business ethics, shipping issues, refund issues and the new issue a racist mug that isn't tiki.

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki  Email mymotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lightning Steve
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-11-05 7:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-05 16:57, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
The big differential in this case is "It depicts a specific black man who happens to also
be our sitting president" not just a generic figure.

So the Witch Doctor has made a personal statement towards a man of color
and that alone has racial overtones in the way it was represented, it can't help but be construed
in that context.

Oh and what about the Obama Chia-pet (can grow out his herb fro??), THAT was okay, did you harass the makers of that one?

View Profile of Lightning Steve Send a personal message to Lightning Steve  Email Lightning Steve     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 9:43 pm   Permalink

lightning: I am pretty sure chia doesn't have a blog where you can complain, if they did they would lose business. The chia things are ugly and stupid. I protest by not purchasing that crap either.

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki  Email mymotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 11:29 pm   Permalink

I agree the Obama Chia-pet is in poor taste
but I was not aware I was harassing anyone?

As much as I disagree or agree with anyone here,I believe they have the right to express
those views as I do mine, I don't believe I have maligned anyone in the process.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 11:43 pm   Permalink

ATP I don't think you are wrong or harassing anyone. You are right everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 11:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks mymotiki, let me know where to send that $20

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-06 03:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-05 21:43, mymotiki wrote:
lightning: I am pretty sure chia doesn't have a blog where you can complain, if they did they would lose business. The chia things are ugly and stupid. I protest by not purchasing that crap either.

You are correct sir. The chia people do NOT have a blog.

And actually, they have lots of presidential candidates:
https://www.buypresidentialchia.com/?rtag=americanchia&

Wow. I did not know that.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-06 03:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-05 16:57, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

It was delicious. Cheers!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-07 01:16 am   Permalink

ATP LMAO thanks for the 20!

White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2012-11-14 05:29 am   Permalink

I'm as traditionalist as it comes to keeping tiki authentic, but to berate Witch Doctor's creations as possibly not being tiki enough is to overlook the many transgressions of Tiki Farm, and yes even Munktiki. To be sure, there are degrees and a certain amount of subjectivity in anyone's evaluation of "is it tiki?," but have any of you ever cast aspersions on anyone else's shrunken head art? I doubt it.

Quote:
It's up to us, the community, to ignore him outright until he realizes that he is no longer welcome or wanted here.

Oh, my goodness. Some of you out there on the Left Coast really need to get over yourselves, don't you? To recognize the general state of clueless hubris amongst your smug little "community," I hereby dedicate today as Witless Wednesday to go along with Los Angeles' Meatless Monday. And to toast that treasured, antiquated notion of Freedom of Speech, I hoist yet another of Witch Doctor's voodoo potions because this week, like never before, it's truly a jungle out there.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-14 10:11 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2012-11-14 05:29, White Devil wrote:
I'm as traditionalist as it comes to keeping tiki authentic, but to berate Witch Doctor's creations as possibly not being tiki enough is to overlook the many transgressions of Tiki Farm, and yes even Munktiki. To be sure, there are degrees and a certain amount of subjectivity in anyone's evaluation of "is it tiki?," but have any of you ever cast aspersions on anyone else's shrunken head art? I doubt it.

Quote:
It's up to us, the community, to ignore him outright until he realizes that he is no longer welcome or wanted here.

Your right we should not turn away from him because of his mug's being "Non-Tiki"

But they should turn away because of

Bad Business tactics like not shipping product,not refunding products,not getting back to people who send him P.M.'s wondering were there money is.

Also,

Lack of inspiration and artistic design by duping well known products he has no rights to produce.

As I enjoyed your political angle on this issue I would like to add that the Witch Doctor is like CHINA. Producing products that they have no right to produce and the only way to stop them is to stop buying from them.

Don't endorse bad behavior.

W

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-14 10:46 am   Permalink

I do not believe White Devil is the same person as The Witch Doctor.

I agree that we cannot assail TWD on the grounds of the subject or quality of his work. If that was the case, I'd love to become a moderator and wipe out 1/3 to 1/2 of Tiki Central in a single day. As others have said, we just ignore what we don't care for and others pay good money for it. Let the market decide.

But, TWD has not either addressed the complaints here by remedying them, or by answering them, nor have the victims cleared him.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-14 11:45 am   Permalink

You know white devil,, anyone can sign up in here under any name numerous times. So sticking up for a dickweed just makes you look bad. I am talking about witch doctor's business practices. I see he has put his mug on ebay calling the mug jungle jim or something like that. He changed his appearance and called the mug something else. Now why would he do that? Hmmm why didn't he call the mug by it's original name and use the same remarks he did in here? I can't believe people keep giving him a chance. He has proven over and over that he is a poor business man.

dikkweed
Deleted

Posted: 2012-11-14 12:27 pm   Permalink

To prove my point even further about using many aliases here is my new name white devil/witch doctor

mymotiki

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation