FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Wonderland VII--Dec 9th starting at 2pm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Wonderland VII--Dec 9th starting at 2pm
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-07 3:00 pm   Permalink

Grog it will be nice to see some art from ya even if its less than you hoped to bring!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-07 3:45 pm   Permalink

I wish I was able to attend this neato event !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-12-07 5:21 pm   Permalink

Just back from Jury duty. Gotta glaze like a storm and hopefully fire early enough on Saturday to get it out of the kiln in time for vending on Sunday.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-07 5:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-07 17:21, GROG wrote:
Just back from Jury duty. Gotta glaze like a storm and hopefully fire early enough on Saturday to get it out of the kiln in time for vending on Sunday.

Nice... Freshly baked warm cookies and warm tiki mugs.

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-07 5:43 pm   Permalink

Here's the official icy-blue ribbon for the art show, to be awarded to "Best in SNOW", by popular vote... other cool prizes to be awarded too!

See everybody on Sunday!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-07 9:53 pm   Permalink

I dare somebody to make these.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-08 12:22 pm   Permalink

I am ready for tomorrow. Taking my puffers and glass floats.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2012-12-08 3:36 pm   Permalink

Ceramics are in the kiln. Fewer than GROG was hoping to bring, and may be even fewer if all these don't turn out well in the firing. Hopefully they'll be cool enough to get out of the kiln to make it in time for the event.

Tony from Martini Kings will be joining us in the vending area vending his wares.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-08 10:41 pm   Permalink

Here's two finished pieces for tomorrow... Tiki Bob bucket mugs!

These are the only new ceramics I'll have available, as tragedy struck with a catastrophic kiln malfunction and meltdown... runaway temperatures destroyed everything I was making for the show.

See the pic below for what became of them (I labeled the blobs for easy identification.) The pieces that weren't reduced to puddles were deformed with huge cracked blisters, and almost all the pieces were fused to the shelves.

I had two Bob buckets in the works but not complete in time for this firing, which saved them from the massacre... which are the two pictured on top.

See everybody tomorrow!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-09 01:23 am   Permalink

Hawaiian Print (and Samoan) Santa Hats!

Puffer Fish Float Ornaments also available!

[ This Message was edited by: Krisdrama 2012-12-09 01:28 ]

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki

Posted: 2012-12-09 09:03 am   Permalink

I just finished packing up the truck.. 300 mugs plus a bunch of other goodies!!!

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2012-12-09 10:00 am   Permalink

Got stuff out of the kiln, so for the first time GROG will actually be early to the Tonga Hut to set up. A number of things didn't quite come out as expected, so they will have to stay home and wait to be touched up and refired, but GROG have a few things to bring. Hopefully GROG will make enough to buy a few drinks. Looking forward to seeing everybody, listening to BTD Christmas tunes, tasting some cookies in the cookie/dessert contest, and watching the Glasgow Tiki Shakers perform.

Vending starts at 2pm.

See you at the Tonga Hut.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-10 09:49 am   Permalink

Great seeing everyone yesterday! Thanks to GROG, The Tonga Hut, and everyone else involved in putting on the event. Also wanted to say thanks to those of you who walked away with one of my Aloha shirts, dresses, or tiki mugs, the support is greatly appreciatted. See you all soon and have a happy and safe holiday season!

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonga hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-10 1:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks To all the Vendors who came with such amazing wares! Jeff Big Tiki Dude for spinning the tunes!, The Glasgow Tiki Shakers for playing songs all night!, Marie for holding down the bar, Ernie for organizing the show and Cookie contest, Sherry and Tom for helping with the Mug sales, Eric October for handling the Art Contest, and thank you to all who showed up! Thank you everyone!!!!!!!

Tonga Hut Family

[ This Message was edited by: tonga hut 2012-12-10 13:19 ]

View Profile of tonga hut Send a personal message to tonga hut  Email tonga hut Goto the website of tonga hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-10 6:36 pm   Permalink

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I got there at the end, but was greeted warmly (literally) with a hot buttered rum (THANK YOU, JOE BANKS) and cheering hugs from Queen Kamehameha, Grog, Eric October and Manuel, plus lots of other good cheer from Tonga Tom & Sheriyaki, Sandra Dee and, of course, the awesome Marie. Made my weekend, let me tell you that right now.

Grog puts on best time. Grog know how to party.

Thanks everyone, and Eric! Your Tiki snowflakes ROCK!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation