FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-06 8:42 pm   Permalink

UPDATE 1/14/13 - DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEB 28th, 2013
UPDATE - NEW INFO ON TOP 11/9/12
Votes were pretty overwhelming for "Sea Creatures of the South Pacific", a nice wide open theme which should allow for lots of interpretation. Swap drawing will be January 31, 2013 (if the world does not end December 21th )

RULES - mostly a re-hash of previously posted Swap rules but here they go:
* Participants must make a original piece of art inspired by the theme specifically for the swap - no prints of previous art, molded objects etc. This does not preclude using a molded object and heavily modifying it.
* Each participant is only allowed to swap once. If you want to make more than one piece of art and allow your partner to choose, that is perfectly fine.
* The art can be anything you like, so it could be a painting, charcoal sketch, pastel art, a carving, a one-off hand carved mug, mosaic, diorama, fabric art, lamp, etc.
* Post progress pics on this thread of the art you are making - to motivate everyone else to get involved!
* Post pics of your completed piece by the due date!!! Only participants who have posted a picture of the completed project will be included in the drawing
* Method of swap has been changed for this time to a surprise method. Names will be drawn in "circular" fashion - person A sends to B, B sends to C, ... Z send to A but I only tell you who to send to. You notify me when you have mailed your package and I notify the recipient that it is coming. You don't know what you are getting until it shows up on your door.
* Note - there is a reasonable chance that your creation will be sent overseas! You are responsible for postal costs of the item you create, so don't enter a 6 foot carving unless you're prepared to cover postage! If you have a big or heavy item or are shipping overseas, shop prices with different shippers (USPS/FedEx/UPS).

***************************************************************************************
ORIGINAL POST
We had talked about a new Art Swap beginning in November and ending the end of January ~ is there any interest or is this just a bad time of year?

For those unfamiliar with the concept, you make an original art piece (not a mold or a print) inspired by the theme in any media ~ could be a painting, digital, carving, ceramic mug, beaded, knit, sewn, mixed, diorama, whatever. Usually, at the end of the Swap, you are paired at random with another participant and you swap art ~ you get theirs and they get yours. But there was talk of trying something new where you don't know who is sending to you until you get it in the mail.
Most recent Swap themes have been;
Pele/Volcano/Fire
Ladies of Tiki
Papua New Guinea
Polynesian Menu
Shrunken Heads/Headhunters

Suggested themes have been;
Animal
Cannibal
Mixed Media
Mini
Life/Death
Skull/Bones
Water/Sea
Nautical/Pirate
Marquesan
Tangaroa
Ship Wreck
Music - Exotica/Hapa Haole/etc
Martin Denny
Hawaii Calls
Cargo Cult
Sea Creatures of the South Pacific
Or some other theme

I organized the last Swap, it was easy and rewarding (besides, I got to choose the topic ) I could do it again or I could get someone else pointed in the right direction

If you are interested in this Swap and you were NOT on my mass-mailing e-mail list last time, drop me a PM with your e-mail address

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2012-11-09 19:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2012-11-17 18:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-01-14 10:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-03-01 12:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-04-03 17:27 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-06 9:14 pm   Permalink

MadDogMike please do the swap. You ran it really well. I'm for any topic they all sound fun. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-11-07 06:45 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-07 05:46 am   Permalink

I'm in. Could be fine. And a good excuse to make art.

EDIT: FUN, could be FUN. Not fine.

[ This Message was edited by: Hale Tiki 2012-11-07 05:46 ]

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-07 06:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-06 21:14, danlovestikis wrote:
MadDogMike please do the swap. You ran it really well.

+1

Animal - Ocean/Sea

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-07 08:08 am   Permalink

I'm in Mike and hope you will be the Gatekeeper again.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-07 08:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-07 08:08, cy wrote:
I'm in Mike and hope you will be the Gatekeeper again.

I am Vinz, Vinz Clortho, Keymaster of Gozer. Volguus Zildrohar, Lord of the Sebouillia. Mike, are you the Gatekeeper?

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-07 11:29 am   Permalink

Getting some responses showing good interest, GOOD. I'll hit everyone's email tonight too just to be sure everyone knows about it and can give their input.
Tom - I like your suggestion, it could echo one of the past Swaps that turned out really well - "Birds of the Pacific", we could call it "Sea Creatures of the South Pacific" Nice, wide open topic. I added it to the suggestion list in the first post.

Hale, I'm your huckleberry!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-07 7:32 pm   Permalink

My proposition:

LAMPS!

Cheers,
Woody

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-07 11:38 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a another incredible time waiting to happen!
Mr. Maddog sir!

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-08 05:50 am   Permalink

E-Mails went out. If you didn't get one and want to be on the list let me know

Pikeys Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-08 06:02 am   Permalink

I'll be in...

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-08 06:49 am   Permalink

oOoO I like the lamps idea!

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-08 08:01 am   Permalink

Hey, count me in.

I have no desire to run it... I'm not that ambitious!

Any of the topics are great, and I could post my preference on here, but where would the challenge be if I didn't try something new? Keep it fresh and pick something that hasn't been done before.

Looking forward to a new creation.

Mel

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-08 08:12 am   Permalink

Can we focus the subject? I'd like to start this weekend.

My pick is Animal or Ocean/Sea or both.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-08 08:15 am   Permalink

I'm in

Water/Sea
Nautical/Pirate
Ship Wreck
Martin Denny

My top 4

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation