FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-09 7:38 pm   Permalink

Anthony, way to start us out!

Boris, what are you doing way over here? I would have liked to go with the lamp theme but Kinny often participates in the Swaps and he's not allowed to play with electricity or fire

We have one more issue to resolve. Traditionally Swaps are done by pairing the participants and then swapping with your partner (hence the name "Swap" ) There was talk of doing a more random style of swap where you know who you send to but you don't know what you are getting until it comes in the mail. Sounds like fun, any opinions?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-10 02:55 am   Permalink

Well, I'm a fan of the swaps where you don't know who has your name until the box arrives. This is the way the tiki mug swaps have been done for years. It adds an element of surprise.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-11 7:00 pm   Permalink

Random swap seems cool to me.

This would be my third, and of the two I did participate in and the one I didn't it seemed like everyone got their pieces. So I don't see why random would be any different.

If someone wasn't going to send the piece would it really matter if it was random or not? They just wouldn't send it.

This is a great crowd, I don't think that's really a concern.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-15 10:10 pm   Permalink

Well always up for a challenge i started a few ideas and was sos so and ran it by my beautiful
wife Kait and she gave me a idea i had to run with so a tiki bar in a angler fish's mouth...
I had to try it for some reason i think its been done i looked i cant say very well but i did look
and then i drew up the sketch and started to paint. hope you like it so far im stoked to finish it now.
Hope you Enjoi!

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-16 08:13 am   Permalink

Anthony, lookin' good.

Well, random swap it is then, sounds like a fun twist. Liz ran the Mug Swap for years, I will get detains from her. As I understand, I will draw the names in a "circular" fashion - A sends to B, B sends to C, ... Z send to A but I only tell you who to send to. You notify me when you have mailed your package and I notify the recipient that it is coming.

I haven't started working on anything yet but I did eat some fish tacos the other day for "inspiration"

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-16 12:23 pm   Permalink

Mike, thanks for organizing all of this. I'm looking forward to participating in my first swap. Drawing up some ideas now, will post pics when I begin the mug build.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-16 12:53 pm   Permalink

Hey, I think it's time I got in on one of these. Is it too late?

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-16 1:28 pm   Permalink

Sounds fun

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-16 3:18 pm   Permalink

Nope, not too late SF. You just have to have your piece finished by the Jan 31st deadline

TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-16 4:03 pm   Permalink

Mike, so where's Kinny?

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tabu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-16 4:35 pm   Permalink

This is looking good. I have something in the works. It will be a scramble to get it done on time. Will post pics soon.

View Profile of Tabu Send a personal message to Tabu  Email Tabu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-16 6:10 pm   Permalink

Jason! Kinny is tied up working on a big upcoming show. He hopes to be able to make something at the end but no promises
Tabu, can't wait to see what you're coming up with.

WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-17 5:43 pm   Permalink

I just saw this thread today for the first time.

I'm so excited & happy that another Art Swap is happening. And I'm DEFINITELY in!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-17 5:51 pm   Permalink

Hey mike!

I'm in!!! My first swap was so much fun I just have to jump in again. The subject has me a bit stumped but I'll think on it. This is just what I need to get my creative @$$ in gear.

Thanks for organizing it again.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-20 11:53 am   Permalink

What if they're molded pieces that we create specifically for this? That are from an original mold (created by the participant).

Examples:
Tiles, resin lamp, mug, et cetera.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation