FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-09 3:50 pm   Permalink

And Pterodactyl same day shipping? COSTLY.

~Z.

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-11 1:36 pm   Permalink

Finally got the re-glazed NOTNSP mug (Narwhals of the North South Pacific) fired. The added color did "stick" to the original mug (was a little worried about this, as it's a shared high fire kiln). The lime green/blue combination works. If you're interested you can always scroll back a few pages to see the original look, but here's the latest version:

The interior of the mug (w/ the breaching Narwhal horn) changed slightly in color (barely visible in photo):

I also glazed and am waiting to fire the tile that may be part of the Swap, too:

All the best to all, look forward to participating in this swap- and huge thanks to MDM for organizing!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-11 3:25 pm   Permalink

TikiAno, those colors definitely "pop" more ~ very nice!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-12 6:45 pm   Permalink

Update: I reglazed my piece using the same color on the turtle itself to hopefully even out the coloring and a different green on the background. I did rub a bit of black into the carved parts of the turtle shell too. The kiln is getting turned on first thing tomorrow morning so I should know the results end of the day or at the latest the next morning. It's on the top shelf so if the lid gets opened at the end of the day I might get to peek in.

I can't beleive how nervous I am! fingers crossed.....

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-12 8:16 pm   Permalink

Ano- cool color
Lori- fingers crossed for u

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-12 8:37 pm   Permalink

Like an expectant father

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-13 11:47 am   Permalink

Stage.........um....Whatever! it's Done!

Our friend seems to be in a bit of trouble.... I'm sure it will end all right.

"What's so bad about being slightly drunk?"

"Ask a glass of water."

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-13 12:48 pm   Permalink

Zero in the house
Awesome

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-13 2:01 pm   Permalink

Great work Tiki Ano and Zero!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-13 6:54 pm   Permalink

He does look a bit worried Great painting Zero, glad you were able to join in.

2 MORE WEEKS ~ TIME TO GET BUSY IF YOU AREN'T DONE YET!

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-13 7:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks MDM- I'm glad the refiring worked- the brighter colors work a whole lot better. Hang1, & cy, thanks!
Lori, I look forward to seeing the result- I was just in the same place w/ refiring.... fingers crossed 4 you.

Zero, the painting looks great!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-14 07:39 am   Permalink

The project is out of the kiln and is looking better. Not perfect, but better. Here's what it looks like:

and with the flash:

Overall, I'm pleased with it but my perfectionist tendencies are showing, I don't like how some of the background green right around the turtle isn't consistant. I think it will get at least one more coat of something before I consider it "done." Thank goodness the deadline will come, otherwise I suspect I'd keep fiddling with it FOREVER!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-14 07:42 am   Permalink

Oh, hit submit too soon.

Thanks everyone for the "good luck" vibes, well wishes and encouragement.

Zero, I love it! I'd be THRILLED to receive your painting in the swap! (Along with MANY others, can I have one of each?)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-14 07:46 am   Permalink

Lori- the green came out great

Jon

TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-14 08:07 am   Permalink

Lori - I think it looks great... whatever you did on this last firing really made the turtle pop from the background. Well done

Peace,
Jason <><

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation