FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-17 4:04 pm   Permalink

Hale,

that is is so sweet of you!

Spreading the tiki love........

I think it's a great idea. Maybe we could start something like that. Sending some tiki love to someone then he/she sends different love to another tcer, and so on.....

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-17 7:36 pm   Permalink

AlohaStation- your pic made me think of Mr. Wilson, Tim's neighbor on Home Improvement...

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-17 8:50 pm   Permalink

Hale TIki, glad all arrived safely. Very cool to spread the love- hope pittsburghpauly enjoys the Narwhal mug. The built in horn/ stir stick hopefully won't hurt him.

Glad you liked the moai glaze, it was an untested combo of glazes, I'm continuing to use that combo for some future pieces, too. Please tell Pauly I said hi. Enjoy!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-18 10:40 am   Permalink

Lovin' the pics

Just waiting on 2 more deliveries

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-26 9:15 pm   Permalink

The Maori Maul is a fantastic work of art and already has a place in the coveted green pool room Lucky!

The epic voyages of the Kon Tiki were an added bonus. Worth waiting for Hale Tiki, thanks!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-26 9:19 pm   Permalink

Hale, that Woodblock Print turned out cool too. Is that laser engraved on wood?
That leaves just one package undelivered ~ maybe this week!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-26 9:44 pm   Permalink

I'm hoping photos of my art in its new home will show up here since I know it did arrive safely.
Hale Tiki, wow that's a big club. Very nice.
Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-27 03:53 am   Permalink

Yay!
I'm glad you got it, Cy!

Here's the background on why it's late. When I was putting the two pieces together, I wasn't happy with the joint, but had too many other details to obsess over, along with the other 10 projects I'm working on. So I ignored the small gap, despite not being too happy about it. I figured it'd be supported well enough by the binding anyway. The club was originally bound with rope, that had wood glue applied under each layer. I wasn't happy with the way it looked when it was finished. The rope looked off, but in the interest of time, figured I'd change it up in REV 1.

Shipping day rolls around, and I've got bubble wrap and packing tape galore. I'm wrapping it up real tight, when I hear a forboding crack. I figured it was just that little gap, no biggie, so I continue to tape, when I hear another crack in the other direction. I unwrapped just the top half to have the maul drop down, and unravel some of the rope. I had broken the weak joint.

It did, however, turn out to be quite fortuitous. I was able to make a better, stronger joint, and in the mean time, went at lunch to a local craft store and wandered aimlessly until I figure out the perfect material to wrap it with. I started out with leather, then suede, but wasn't happy with either. I got some caning, and thought it'd look out of place. Eventually, I settled on finding a big thing of raffia. I wasn't 100% on the raffia, but I had to get that sucker out! I get it all back to work, and fiddle around until the end of the day. At some point, I decided it'd be cool to make raffia rope. So I did. I'm very happy with how it turned out, and will be using the giant bunch of raffia again.

The wood plaque was to make up for how long it took. I didn't end up making a woodblock, and prints, but figured I might as well make something out of the artwork. The title was an afterthought, but I think it's pretty funny.

Glad you like it all. The weapon looks great on the wall.

Can't wait for the next swap, all!

Aloha!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-27 5:52 pm   Permalink

More beautious swappaliciousness! I also cannot wait til the next swap!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-27 7:41 pm   Permalink

Where did Wendy's mug go?

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-28 10:05 am   Permalink

Pikeys Dog, thanks so much! The beautiful lamp made it ALL the way here in perfect condition. I was out of town a few days, missed its delivery. I'll take some photos of it in its new home later today. Thinking ahead, there was no plug on the end of the cable, so I'll add a(n appropriate) plug for it to work in the States. It's a great piece- love all of the details on all of the sides. I think Pikey Dog's piece traveled the furthest in this swap? (England to San Diego)?

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-28 4:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting - I was starting to worry a little, as I posted some other items to the US around the same time and they arrived much sooner...

I would have fitted a plug, but you might have struggled a little to get it to fit your sockets (LOL).

Glad your happy with the piece.

Cheers,

Joe.

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-29 07:30 am   Permalink

Wondering if mine ever made it to its destination?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-29 09:09 am   Permalink

Aloha station
Page 34 ...

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-29 10:15 am   Permalink

Thank you hang10tiki, you always look after me. Tabu where are U? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation