FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Dec. 16th! Tiki Joe's Ocean Christmas Concert and Dinner Party at Damon's!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Dec. 16th! Tiki Joe's Ocean Christmas Concert and Dinner Party at Damon's!
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-27 12:35 pm   Permalink

Come swing with the Damon's monkeys on December 16th, as the historic restaurant transforms into a supper club for one night only! 3-course meal (including pupu platter!), gorgeous Tiki art and shopping, rum painting with THOR, new cocktail menu, Bacardi rum sampling, and so much more, including a concert of your favorite Christmas songs re-interpreted by Hawaii Music Award winner, TIKI JOE'S OCEAN! Don't miss out! Make your reservations today!

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa-Ru 2012-11-27 12:36 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-28 12:38 pm   Permalink

If this event is amping you up (and I hope it is) here's how the whole idea started. Those of you may remember this article from Tiki Magazine. Here's a wonderful cocktail blog site that reprinted it. Enjoy and be inspired.
http://www.inthelandofcocktails.com/blog-post/tikifying-your-holidays/

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-30 11:16 pm   Permalink

Only two weeks away! Seriously, only $50.00 for a fabulous Damon's three-course dinner, an Exotic-mas concert by Tiki Joe's Ocean, rum-painting with Thor, shopping, new Damon's cocktails to try, Bacardi girls with free rum samples, raffle, Crazy Sant'r photo op...? Clearly, this is the holiday "deal of fun" for the year.

heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-12-01 6:45 pm   Permalink

Reservations made (ok, made 2 weeks ago). Looking forward to some Christmas tunes, shopping, and cheer.

Kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-03 08:27 am   Permalink

Less than two weeks before this epic Tiki-Christmas party! Have you made your reservations yet? Yes, you NEED reservations! Even if you're doing the $20.00 bar-area, non-meal option. But, consider what you will get for the $50.00 package: A three-course special meal and a Bacardi swag bag! Whatever option you choose, we want you with us!

Oh, and I think it's time to flash a photo of THIS GUY, our dear friend, Thor, who is making a special appearance at this event. He's going to show us all, up close and personal, how he paints with rum... AND unveil his design for Damon's first-ever Tiki mug! (To be released later in 2013.)

Don't miss this! Call Damon's and make your reservation!

TikiToddtheSurfGod
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-05 2:53 pm   Permalink

Made my dinner reservations for my beloved, TikiBoo, and I, plus we are bringing along 2 non-Tikifile friends to experience The Experience!

View Profile of TikiToddtheSurfGod Send a personal message to TikiToddtheSurfGod  Email TikiToddtheSurfGod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-06 6:10 pm   Permalink

Handed over the first of four Rum paintings last night. Was great testing drinks and hanging with my dear friends Kari and new friend Marty Lush! I ABSOLUTELY love Damon's and Michael and Kevin's commitment to administer the old school and new Tiki injected into this charming landmark! Looking forward to some Holiday cheer there at this event...and seeing old friends. This is tradition embracing the new generation of Tiki at its finest. This will be an outstanding event!! It's about time!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-08 8:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha, TikiTodd! So glad you will be there!

And, man oh man, are we going to have some unbelievable raffle prizes thanks to Thor! Never has there been anything like this! This event is just one full evening of fun, that will still get you home in time to get a good night's sleep!

From the new Damon's drinks to sample, rum painting to ooh and ahh over, aloha-style shopping, excellent dining and the BIG MAIN EVENT... TIKI JOE'S OCEAN... this is going to be a night to remember. Do you all realize that this is the first time in Damon's seventy-seven (!) year history to EVER have an exotica band play there? Yes, this is big, my friends. You don't want to miss this experience to see Tiki Joe's open these doors and pave the way for the future of Damon's and Tiki.

And to all of you from the Tribe of David, I wish you a blessed first night of Hanukkah. Here's to YOU! Shalom!

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-12 12:27 pm   Permalink

Really would love to be able to come down and support your event.
Love the paintings by Thor that are up for raffle/sale.

I hope its a great turn out !

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-13 6:05 pm   Permalink

This will be a night to remember! Kari has put together a very special package of food and entertainment that will be talked about long after the event is over! Come early to the cocktail hour and hang out with old friends and make some new ones! And win raffle prizes too!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-15 11:01 am   Permalink

Tomorrow Night! Cocktail Hour, Dinner, Tiki Joe's Ocean, Raffle Prizes, Thor's rum-painting demonstration, Crazy (Al)Sant'r, Vendors and more...Call now (if there are any reservations left!)

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-16 08:08 am   Permalink

The big day is here!!!! We can't wait to greet you tonight! 5:00 pm! Damon's! If you still didn't make your reservations, call Damon's in case there are any cancellations! We want you to be there!
Aloha from Kari! (Why am I shouting?!?! Oh yeah, because I'm so happy and excited!)

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-16 09:49 am   Permalink

WooHoo! We will be selling raffle tickets tonight for all kinds of tiki-rrific prizes. Raffle Tickets are $5 a piece or 6 for $20.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-16 09:53 am   Permalink

HO HO HO
Today is all about the TIKI JOE!

I'll be bringing some prints
including the very few remaining "Under the Midnight Sun" prints

some "River and Moonlight" prints

A few "Land of the Mermaids" prints
(both the Angelfish AND the Seahorse ones!)

a handful of paintings...
"Bird Drum"

"Hungry Cannibal (Dream Mug)"

"Shrunken Head in Repose"

"the Clamshell Bowl"

some hand-tinted woodburnt wood panels

a hand-carved and tinted Ancestor Skull

and a hand painted TikiFarm Classic Cocktail mug set of mine
(the Colorforms edition)

this and MUCH MUCH More!

So Come On down and enjoy some Ohana
Great Music
and Affordable Art
at Damon's tonight!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-17 12:23 am   Permalink

Had a blast at damon's tonite. Here's a few pix- many more to follow tomorrow. I'm much too drank to post em tonite. Thanks to all those that put this evening together. Good times!

WooHoo the pretty greeter

Some of the raffle prizes (one of Thor's two rum paintings, a tiki Christmas tree, and a "mugora" put together by Kari)

TJO was awesome. Sorry I cut out the drummer.

Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation