Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts lighted Pisco Bottle
lighted Pisco Bottle
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-12 6:50 pm   Permalink

So, maybe someone else has done this but BeadTiki my sister suggested I try this. Pisco Capel Bottle. I found the 20 light strand at walgreens (non end to end strand) $2.99 ea shoved the strand into the bottle with a butter knife. Believe it or not I bought a 50 light strand but it was end to end and it wouldn't work. Maybe it could use another strand?

[ This Message was edited by: mymotiki 2012-11-12 18:52 ]

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-12 7:18 pm   Permalink

I think it looks great just like it is, more is not always better

Say hi to Regan for me
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-12 7:30 pm   Permalink

ok, will do Mike thanks for the compliment!

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-12 10:36 pm   Permalink

Great idea mymo!
Looks cool!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-12 11:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks kenny!

tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-13 06:27 am   Permalink

I like it so much I'm going to copy your idea with my pisco bottle. It'll look especially cool mixed in with the Christmas decorations.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-13 07:41 am   Permalink

mymotiki, think this looks awesome. Lori, love the idea of mixing it into Christmas lights. If only I had thirty empty Pisco bottles lying around.... well, then I don't think I'd be able to do much of anything....

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-13 08:20 am   Permalink

Looks great
Can do it to mine, it's still full...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-14 2:44 pm   Permalink

This is cool.
The hard part would be drinking the Pisco.

And don't shop Walgreens they Killed Kahiki.
Good job!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-14 3:00 pm   Permalink

I ended up dumping the pisco down the sink. I couldn't drink the stuff.
If anyone lives close to a 99 Cent Only Store they have a 20 bulb light strand for, you guessed it, 99 cents.
After I saw mymotiki's creation I put a battery powered LED light strand inside my bottle, but I think the regular incandescent bulbs put off a better glow.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation