FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki New Tiki Royalty Designation?
New Tiki Royalty Designation?
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-27 12:53 pm   Permalink

I don't mean to be maudlin, but last night I read a sad newspaper article about one of my son's high school classmates.

I propose this weekend we all drink a toast (traditional or virgin, as you prefer) ...a toast to Designated Drivers everywhere. They are essential to Tiki revival. And deserving of royal status, in my opinion.

Cheers!

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-27 2:00 pm   Permalink

Hear hear!

The designated Driver ranks right up there with the mighty Wing Man!

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-30 10:45 am   Permalink

I'm 31 and never got a driver's license (due to living in a city blessed with good public transit).

I guess that makes me the designated drinker!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-30 2:00 pm   Permalink

OK Tikifish, you're off the hook. Balancing an inebriated passenger on your handlebars would be above and beyond the call of duty.

I'll drink another toast to decent public transportation, which I utilize as much as possible when out of town. For anyone as directionaly disabled as me, it's the only way to go.

Even directions as simple as, "turn right" or "turn left" make me stop and ask myself, "OK, which hand do I eat with?" It's a good thing I'm not ambidextrous.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-30 8:48 pm   Permalink

KC, yeah, it's a good thing you're not amphibious.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-16 08:16 am   Permalink

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation