FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » at Dec 1st - TIKIYAKI and FONDUE ! @ The Hip Kitty, Claremont, CA
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
at Dec 1st - TIKIYAKI and FONDUE ! @ The Hip Kitty, Claremont, CA
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-19 11:29 am   Permalink

SATURDAY DEC 1st
TIKIYAKI and FONDUE !
THE HIP KITTY
502 W First St,
Claremont, CA 91711
909 447 6700
http://www.hipkittyjazz.com

Last show of the year for Tikiyaki...no New year's show this year, but this night of Tikiyaki and Fondue will get you ready for the holiday season.
Lots of fun stuff cooked up for this event. Some new covers, surprises, and some old classics we haven't played in a while.

Always loved the idea of a fondue party with friends, and who better to provide the soundtrack than The Tikiyaki Orchestra ?
We're playing 4 sets....come early . stay late, or drop in mid-evening, we'll be doin it from 8 until 12 !

Hip Kitty Info from the website :
Located in a renovated 1922 Packing House, the warm and eclectic vintage décor takes you back to an era when jazz was subversive and fondue was all the rage. Hip Kitty is classy but casual and over 21 only- a great place for a date night or a special celebration. The retro menu features a wide selection of cheese, chocolate, and meat & seafood fondues in addition to our lounge food menu.

Hip Kitty is located in the Claremont Packing House at
One block west of Indian Hill Blvd. Off of First St.
Hip Kitty's entrance is at the south end of the plaza past the 40-foot tall Packing House neon sign.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-19 11:19 pm   Permalink

This is an awesome venue.
I saw Nutty there about a year ago.
make sure that you make reservations.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-19 11:53 pm   Permalink

Hey Fondue still rages in my lounge!!!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-20 12:01 am   Permalink

ATP,
Do you put on yer Polyester Leisure suit though,
when you break out the Fondue set?

Or.....
is it all about the Nudism vibe?

Hot cheese and bare skin don't go together,
but Polyester can melt to your skin,

damned if you do and damned if you don't

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2012-11-20 00:01 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-20 01:21 am   Permalink

100% Polyester free household! BTD

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-25 7:15 pm   Permalink

BUMP - This saturday !!! $5 admission. Killer fondue and cocktails. 4 sets of Tikiyaki.

Be there !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-25 8:58 pm   Permalink

Jim,

do you know the situation with Reservations?
I heard that you have to have 4 or 6 to a table.

Jeff(btd)

tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-25 10:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-25 20:58, bigtikidude wrote:
Jim,

do you know the situation with Reservations?
I heard that you have to have 4 or 6 to a table.

Jeff(btd)

I really dont....try emailing or calling the club.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-28 12:03 am   Permalink

thanks Jim,

I hope to see some of the Tiki Peeps that were not at the last tikiyaki show.

Jeff(btd)

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-28 10:29 pm   Permalink

and for a double whammy of shows,
Nutty is playing at the Hip Kitty the night before.

Jeff(btd)

tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-11-29 08:34 am   Permalink

If you've never been, Claremont is a cute and clean (smart kid) college town. There are quite a few old Craftsman style homes and during Christmas they are lit up very pretty.
There is a well-lit FREE parking garage right next to the Hip Kitty and it's in a nice neighborhood. In case you live far away the boutique Hotel Casa 425 is across the street from the Packing House where Hip Kitty is.
Check out some of the shops and restaurants/bars in the retro Claremont Village before heading over to see the show. If you like music visit Rhino Records and some of the interesting carved drums and nice acoustic guitars at the Folk Music Center shop. I'm not a fan of folk music, but the shop is low key, the owners are nice and the place doesn't smell of patchouli.
I go to Claremont 3-4 times a year and I was there this past Sunday showing my parent's around. If my girlfriend is feeling better than we plan on going to see Tikiyaki Orchestra.
claremontpackinghouse.com
thevillageclaremont.com

Pictures of some of the drums at the Folk Music center.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-29 4:17 pm   Permalink

Looking good, Long beach!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-29 4:55 pm   Permalink

I am down south this weekend and look forward to the seeing the show! Do you need reservations to get in or can you just show up at the door?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-11-29 6:42 pm   Permalink

I have a reservation for two at 6:45, which was the closest to 8PM that I could get. To get a better table you need at least 4 people. If anyone else wants to share, let me know and I will see if I can get us an upgrade. I would need at least 2 others. But once the party get bigger than 6, they add 20% gratuity to the bill.

-- Paul

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-29 7:39 pm   Permalink

I'd love to share a table but I am not going to be able to get there until 8 or so.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation