FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » fu-bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
fu-bar
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-04 3:40 pm   Permalink

VampiressRN, thanks for asking, yes all is good now.

It was touch and go for a few weeks there, got a ton of ash everywhere.

When I get it cleaned up I'll post some more photo's of the updates.

Hope to see you all at the tiki crawl in Oct.

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-19 10:23 am   Permalink

I promised the wife when I would re-do the music room, I would do it Mid-Century.

Unfortunately it came out more Tiki than Mid-Centry (go figure)

Got advise from Atomic Tiki Punk, Tiki Vato and Swanky regarding hanging my Tapa Cloths, thanks guys!!

Also, changing the name of my Bar to FU-BAR, I got tired of my buddies calling it Gay-Bar. Not that I have anything against gays, just got tired of hearing it.

[ This Message was edited by: Longboard 2014-02-19 10:25 ]

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-19 3:17 pm   Permalink

Hi Longboard. I've been following this topic for a while. What a great rustic old-man-of-the-sea space you've created, complete with outdoor pisser. But jeez your buddies must be real tough guys if they regard your bar as a bit sissified. They must be those guys George Carlin talked about with the barbed wire tattoos around their biceps sporting shirts with the sleeves ripped off.

I guess I wont be inviting your mates to my tiki bar.

Great work!

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-19 4:00 pm   Permalink

Yeah, my friends are like most guys my age. Not very PC, which is funny because we all grew up in San Francisco

A few years ago I killed a bear on my property so I named it Ka-bar after the K bar knives that the marines used in WWII. That's when they started calling it Gaybar. So I changed it to Fu-bar. A WWII saying

Hope you'd allow me into your bar, would love to share some rum and tiki stories

[ This Message was edited by: Longboard 2014-02-19 16:39 ]

Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-20 5:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-19 16:00, Longboard wrote:
Yeah, my friends are like most guys my age. Not very PC, which is funny because we all grew up in San Francisco

A few years ago I killed a bear on my property so I named it Ka-bar after the K bar knives that the marines used in WWII. That's when they started calling it Gaybar. So I changed it to Fu-bar. A WWII saying

Hope you'd allow me into your bar, would love to share some rum and tiki stories

[ This Message was edited by: Longboard 2014-02-19 16:39 ]

Anytime Longboard. I'll reserve a space for you.

THIV

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-02-20 5:12 pm   Permalink

That looks like the Buster chair from Restoration Hardware. I've always liked those, they have such an old gentlemen's club (not in the strip join sense!) feel. What a great room.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 5:36 pm   Permalink

It's the Ralph Lauren WRITER’S CHAIR, I waiting and save for that joker. I sat in one at one of their stores and was hooked

TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-02-20 5:44 pm   Permalink

I had no idea. They look identical: http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1153183

Your space just goes to show that there's plenty of room for experimentation within the tiki ideal. I think it looks wonderful! And that's an impressive collection of vinyl, too.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2014-02-20 17:45 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 5:45 pm   Permalink

Love your music room, dark, comfy, and full of atmosphere.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 5:54 pm   Permalink

Really came together man!, I hear you about us non PC types

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-20 8:30 pm   Permalink

WOW...I am blown away...the library looks very classy and so welcoming in a curl up and read a book kind of way. Great job!!! One of these days we are going to have to crawl to your space...looks awesome.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dtel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-21 4:47 pm   Permalink

Very nice, hard to take in all at once there is so much to see, both rooms look like they have been there forever.

I have to ask, Is that Klipsch Heresy speakers in the listening room, looked like it ?

Great job on everything.

View Profile of dtel Send a personal message to dtel  Email dtel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-21 8:31 pm   Permalink

Rad!!!! That looks killer.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-24 07:52 am   Permalink

hahahahaha FUBAR!!! I see your a student of History and the South Pacific and WWII!!!! Right-On!!! soooooooo love your bar whether it be the K-Bar or FUBAR both are fitting!!!

where did you get the Asian carven headstone shaped pieces you have on the outside as decorative shutters? love them! your bar just screams fun! and if your anything like me it will never be done either!!! love to see some more pix, its all going in my "Right-click, save as...." library for my own tiki bar which will prob have something everyone will recognize from their bars!!! thanks again for sharing and bringing a smile to my face!! too cool!!!!

paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-24 07:54 am   Permalink

Dtel,

Yes those are Klipsch Heresy speakers, they really kick ass in that room. I also, have a sub to give it a little more bottom end.

Here is some of the stuff I took out of this room before the re-do

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation