FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars fu-bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
fu-bar
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-24 08:02 am   Permalink

cool, im thinking tiki yard sale!!?? lol

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dtel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-24 09:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-24 07:54, Longboard wrote:
Dtel,

Yes those are Klipsch Heresy speakers, they really kick ass in that room. I also, have a sub to give it a little more bottom end.

Here is some of the stuff I took out of this room before the re-do

I know they really do sound good especially with a sub, have a collection of Klipsch myself, Heresy's are going in my hut.

You have a great collection of stuff to work with and I love the way your rooms came out, very nice.

What is that on the walls of the music room, looks like cloth, somewhat of a diamond pattern, whatever it is it looks great, it makes the whole room especially with all the wood.

[ This Message was edited by: dtel 2014-02-24 09:27 ]

View Profile of dtel Send a personal message to dtel  Email dtel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-24 10:02 pm   Permalink

Is that a Tiki bench in the rubble...or is it a massive Mai Tai cocktail table?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-25 07:55 am   Permalink

It's a Tiki Bench from Trader Vic's and a 1950's Hydroplane.

Also a few 1930's outboard motors. The walls inside have a couple of Tapa's and old redwood fence boards

[ This Message was edited by: Longboard 2014-02-25 07:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Longboard 2014-02-25 07:57 ]

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-19 09:59 am   Permalink

HELP AND ADVISE!

I've got these cheap hollow doors. Freaking hate them as they are.

Any ideas on how to deal with them?

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-19 10:57 am   Permalink

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-19 1:01 pm   Permalink

What a gorgeous space! Love, love, love it.

Re: the doors -- my prescription is to paint the doors dark brown, get some loose woven straw/grass matting (got mine at Oceanic Arts), use a spray stain on it to give it some age and depth, and then decoupage it onto the door with Mod-Podge and a roller. Then you've got a nice, simple backdrop, you can either leave them as-is, or build onto them from there.

I keep thinking it would be cool to trick them out to look like old doors, maybe Dutch doors (I'm a sucker for a Dutch door), but then you might as well just go to a reclamation place and get some actual old doors, eh?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-19 5:16 pm   Permalink

Hi Longboard,

About those hollow doors. Here's a pic of the same type of door I tricked up with a bit of island design. I repeated the design in reverse color along an adjacent window ledge. Works for me.

Aloha
THIV

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-19 6:39 pm   Permalink

Hottiki, Humuhumu andThurston Howell IV,

Thanks guys for the feedback.

All great options and great simple fixes. I love this site and the people on it.

-Longboard

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-30 4:14 pm   Permalink

I'll second Humu's grass matting suggestion, and suggest using a cheap old-school straw beach mat or burlap underneath and smaller pieces of a more expensive matting layered above it.

You can get a straw beach mat for under 5 bucks, and enough cheap burlap to cover a whole wall for under $50.

[EDIT] I was just thinking, if you are looking for a more Mid-Century Modern look and less Exotic/Tiki door you can paint them Chinese Lacquer Red or Sea Foam Green. Tape off an area first and paint it with an accent color like Cream, let it dry, cover it with painters' tape and then paint the door with the primary color.

Or you could go to your nearest architectural salvage and just buy a couple doors that say "Mid-Century Modern" to you.

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance 2014-06-02 06:17 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-30 4:38 pm   Permalink

OMG Great ideas!!!! I have a few of those doors in my new pad, and was just thinking what can I do to them!!!??? wow!!!! so excited now to start working on doors!!!
paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-30 7:52 pm   Permalink

I also liked this door, found the pictures on "Kanaloa Lounge II in Germany" thread here on TC.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tamminjoe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-03 9:04 pm   Permalink

Great Ideas on the plain door, We are going to use them for our lounge!

View Profile of tamminjoe Send a personal message to tamminjoe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-28 09:35 am   Permalink

I'm re-doing my bed room. Still need to hang my Tiki Stuff

[ This Message was edited by: Longboard 2014-07-28 09:38 ]

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-29 7:30 pm   Permalink

As always...just awesome. I love all the dark colors it feels cozy!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation