[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Barbie and Ken's Tiki Bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Barbie and Ken's Tiki Bar
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-11-22 08:11 am   Permalink

awesome!!! This just put a big smile on my face..

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-22 10:01 am   Permalink

A woman after my own heart. Amazing diorama Nantiki! I collect dolls and sometimes they partake in some Tiki Fun as well. Do you remember Liddle Kiddles?
Here are just a few of mine. I can't take credit for making anything. It was a set made by Mattel a few years back.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-25 09:36 am   Permalink

Very cool! Here is a photo of Ken and Barbie's trip to the Mai Kai that must have inspired the home Tiki Bar.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-26 4:06 pm   Permalink

How did I miss this thread for a whole week? This is definitely something that I am extremely interested in.
I love seeing what you've done.

First, aloha NanTiki. I like to work in 1:12 scale being half the size of Barbie & Ken scale (1:6), but a lot of times, items can slide from one to the other.

I created "the Blue Footed Booby Hatch" diorama for the Bird's of the Pacific Tiki Art Swap.

Hope to see more of your work!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NaniTiki

Posted: 2012-11-28 02:35 am   Permalink

I love love love the Blue Footed Booby Hatch! Detail is beautiful, especially for the tinier more difficult scale you work in - how you made those great tiki mugs? I love your hanging float ball! I spent lots of time trying to make the netting from thin rope and you aced it perfectly!

The Little Kiddles set is so cute, and the tiki's are perfect! It looks like someone handmade it, that is a wonderful find - congrats(I need to shop around for that set myself).

Barbie and Ken at the Mai Kai is cool! Love the coral wall behind them - though if I saw that one when I started on mine, I would have went that route and made a replica of the floor show area including the coral/shell wall - maybe using some HIP or Coco Joes Hula dancers on the stage (Barbie is beautiful, but she's such a stiff and can't dance - though it seems she likes to "flash" alot - ha!)

Let's see some more tiki doll dioramas - now with the cold weather up North, inside projects hopefully can include everyone else's version of their dream tiki bar...

One last shot of Barbie and Ken's Tiki bar - Barbie called it a night, went home to her five kids, because Sailor Ken bought out the joint, then passed out on the floor...

View Profile of NaniTiki Send a personal message to NaniTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation