FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Lucky's Tiki Bonanza - Now in 3D!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Lucky's Tiki Bonanza - Now in 3D!!!
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-20 1:17 pm   Permalink

So, I'm going to be making some crate lamps, barrels, et cetera, and I need to start branding wood with RUM and XXX. Maybe XXX. Most likely just RUM. And possibly AKU AKU, for my home bar.

At any rate, I'll be making myself a branding iron or two, and while I'm at it, I thought that some of you TC'ers out there might enjoy one as well, provided my construction is up to your snuff. They'll be made of steel, with high temp paint on the rod/back of the iron, and a basic wooden handle. They'll be up for sale on the Marketplace when they're done.

HOWEVER: I need your help choosing what font looks best. Please take a look at the ones below, and if you would kindly reply with which is your favorite, it would be appreciated. I'll keep this updated with pics.

Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-05-13 12:43 ]

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-20 1:19 pm   Permalink

Or, if you have a better font suggestion, by all means, suggest it!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-20 1:30 pm   Permalink

Number 3 has a more authentic look to me.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-20 1:49 pm   Permalink

I like #3 also, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkl Ian
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-20 2:45 pm   Permalink

3 for sure.

Second choice, #5.

[ This Message was edited by: Unkl Ian 2012-11-20 14:46 ]

View Profile of Unkl Ian Send a personal message to Unkl Ian  Goto the website of Unkl Ian     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-20 7:16 pm   Permalink

ME 3
WIFE 3 AND 5

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Kahu
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-21 11:03 am   Permalink

No. 3, definitely, as the aged/worn look to the type fits tiki well. Nos. 4 & 5 are a bit too "collegiate" ala an Abercrombie & Fitch shirt!

Tied by my Mai Tai...

View Profile of Grand Kahu Send a personal message to Grand Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Kahu
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-21 11:03 am   Permalink

No. 3, definitely, as the aged/worn look to the type fits tiki well. Nos. 4 & 5 are a bit too "collegiate" ala an Abercrombie & Fitch shirt!

Tied by my Mai Tai...

View Profile of Grand Kahu Send a personal message to Grand Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-21 11:26 am   Permalink

Yeah I want one!
And Number three has that Trader Vic jungle bar look to it.
Also how big would these be?
A 1.5 inch tall size is what I could use.
If you could make the rum and the XXX be two separate irons
it would be better as you would have more options on using these.

Let me know when you are done.
Great idea!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-21 12:32 pm   Permalink

Hale, remember that whatever you use will have softened edges caused by the burning and that a distressed font like #3 won't look the same. You got a plasma CNC to cut them out with? Sweet!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-21 1:04 pm   Permalink

Mike is right. I should have mentioned, it'll be the outlines only.

They will be made separate for my own use, and can be made as one, two, or one individually for whomever else.

And Mike, yup. I make things with tons of different materials and processes everyday at work. 3d printing, laser cutting, wood working, metal working, milling, CNC plasma...

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-21 1:10 pm   Permalink

Can I get some Laser Goggles?
you know Goggles that shoot Laser beams......in lime green.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-21 1:59 pm   Permalink

So much cool technology out there Hale and so cool you have access to it at work. Not only can you make bitchin' stuff for yourself, you can get paid to do it!

As a Respiratory Therapist I get free breathing treatments and all the snot I can carry in my pockets

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-21 3:50 pm   Permalink

"And Mike, yup. I make things with tons of different materials and processes everyday at work. 3d printing, laser cutting, wood working, metal working, milling, CNC plasma..."

I would never leave work.
You are my new best friend.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-21 7:14 pm   Permalink

Skip, just let me know what you need.
I also do mold making and casting.

Plasma bed size is 5x10', laser is 32x20"

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation