Joined: Oct 19, 2004
|Posted: 2013-01-31 06:14 am  Permalink|
So, I didn't make a lot of progress last night after work. I got distracted doing actual work on personal time, and then got distracted on TC. I did, however, managed to gather a few things for the lamps.
Here's a selection of a few hundred 3/16" cross sections of bamboo that will eventually be sanded to remove stray fibers and embedded in resin:
Next we have shells, also to be embedded in resin. These will probably decorate the bottom (and possibly sides) of the dodecahedron lamp.
And, lastly, these will definitely be a part of a few lamps. They're dyed bits of oyster shell. They're about $3/lb and have a great pearlescence to them.
I don't have a photo of it yet, but I also created a mold that will allow me to take the acrylic panels of the dodecahedron lamp and apply any volume of resin to color or embed things in them, while still allowing the panels to fit better. More explanation and photos of that to come.
Not a very exciting day, but I did get some work done. I'm waiting on the LED's, still have to order cable, and then I can finish up the Hot Lava lamp. Thanks for reading!