advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Some lamps of mine
Some lamps of mine
_PapaTiki_

Posted: 2012-11-21 01:31 am   Permalink

Been working on some lamps for my home bar, the Lava Lounge. Been getting some pointers and ideas from Kahaka. I appreciate all the help he has given me! Here's what I've been able to come up with so far...

Here's the first one I made:

Here's a smaller one:

This is an old kerosene camping lantern that I gutted and added a flicker bulb to:

Waste basket turned lamp:

Another basket turned lamp:

A lamp shade from Big Lots turned upside down and tapa cloth glued down. Came out nice I think:

View Profile of _PapaTiki_ Send a personal message to _PapaTiki_      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-21 01:34 am   Permalink

Welcome San Jose. You aren't too far away from us. You should plan on coming to the next Sacramento Crawl in October 2013. Kahaka must have taught you well your lamps are really cool. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
_PapaTiki_

Posted: 2012-11-21 11:33 am   Permalink

Thanks!

View Profile of _PapaTiki_ Send a personal message to _PapaTiki_      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-25 11:51 am   Permalink

Nice work, Grasshoppa! Keep it up.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
_PapaTiki_

Posted: 2012-11-26 12:09 am   Permalink

Thank you Sensai! Haha!

TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-27 1:54 pm   Permalink

Nice looking lamps. Good use of different materials. Keep it up.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NaniTiki

Posted: 2012-11-28 02:44 am   Permalink

Those are great hanging lamps - love the pic of the last one and such a great idea to turn a lampshade upside down - never would have thought of that - Question: you drinking some nice cocktails while in the creative mode? That's always inspired me...

View Profile of NaniTiki Send a personal message to NaniTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
_PapaTiki_

Posted: 2012-11-28 06:36 am   Permalink

Thanks guys! I usually have the cocktails after the lamps are done, relaxing in my home bar, the Lava Lounge!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation