FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Just announced! GIANT benefit show for Phil Alvin (Blasters) with The Hula Girls and others! 1/26/12
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Just announced! GIANT benefit show for Phil Alvin (Blasters) with The Hula Girls and others! 1/26/12
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-27 11:28 am   Permalink

There are still several bands to be announced. BIG bands… real BIG bands...
This WILL sell out, so I'm just getting you out ahead of the crowd if you'd like to go.

Tickets here:
http://www.observatoryoc.com/events/the-blasters-knitters

[ This Message was edited by: luckydesigns 2012-11-27 13:28 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-27 11:59 pm   Permalink

Oooooooof,
Namm and Guitar Geek fest weekend
bad timing?
or did they do that then because people would be in town for Namm?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-28 12:45 am   Permalink

We are in! Thanks Spike-O!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-28 08:18 am   Permalink

I think bad timing, Jeff.
I talked to Deke and he was bummed that he could'nt make it AND that it was on the weekend of his show.

They were looking at Deke and Big Sandy's band to be on our show too. They can't because of the Geek Fest... BUT, the other names that they are getting are BIG national acts. It'll compete with anything going on that weekend. AND it's gonna only get bigger!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-28 4:25 pm   Permalink

What's wrong with Alvin?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-29 08:20 am   Permalink

He got really sick while on tour in Spain. We almost lost him for good.

From his brother Dave Alvin:

"After a tough year of rough health and extremely close calls, my brother Phil is alive and kicking. Sadly, we need help to pay his foreign and domestic medical bills. So a bunch of his friends and family will come together to do just that...."

I've been talking with Dave over the phone the last couple of days, helping to get everything together for this amazing show. The Hula Girls are extremely happy to be part of this benefit and happy to be considered a friend to such an amazing musical legend.

Just wait till the other acts are announced. Tickets are already about 50% sold out after only having announced it two days ago!!

Now go listen to some Blasters music!

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-29 4:16 pm   Permalink

Well, have a good show boys.....(i mean, "girls")

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-21 2:25 pm   Permalink

SOLD OUT!!
1,300 tickets sold before the secrete headliner has even been announced!! UNreal.
We are super happy to be part of this show!!

Onyx_Noir
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-12-21 2:38 pm   Permalink

Wow, glad I got my tickets when I did.

View Profile of Onyx_Noir Send a personal message to Onyx_Noir  Email Onyx_Noir     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-21 5:41 pm   Permalink

Hula Girls rule!

Chuckfan1

Posted: 2012-12-28 2:23 pm   Permalink

Looks like the band X is part of the show as well as James Harman. This show is going to be epic. There was an online story yesterday on LATimes.com as well as in today's print copy of the Times.

View Profile of Chuckfan1 Send a personal message to Chuckfan1      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevenjames
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-28 3:27 pm   Permalink

Anyone know where I can get at least 1 ticket for the show? Been looking everywhere to no avail. Was unable to purchase them before now and they are sold out. Any help would be appreciated.

View Profile of stevenjames Send a personal message to stevenjames  Email stevenjames     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whoseyrtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-12-28 5:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-28 15:27, stevenjames wrote:
Anyone know where I can get at least 1 ticket for the show? Been looking everywhere to no avail. Was unable to purchase them before now and they are sold out. Any help would be appreciated.

Ditto what he said!

View Profile of whoseyrtiki Send a personal message to whoseyrtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuckfan1

Posted: 2013-01-09 3:00 pm   Permalink

Los Lobos added

View Profile of Chuckfan1 Send a personal message to Chuckfan1      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-09 3:34 pm   Permalink

I snoozed, I losed. Jungle Ginger, leave ATP at home. Take me instead !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation