FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Just announced! GIANT benefit show for Phil Alvin (Blasters) with The Hula Girls and others! 1/26/12
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Just announced! GIANT benefit show for Phil Alvin (Blasters) with The Hula Girls and others! 1/26/12
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-09 6:28 pm   Permalink

X on the bill now! , Sorry John-O this one I gotta make.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-10 09:38 am   Permalink

Forgot to update the poster on here. We can't wait!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-26 03:17 am   Permalink

Tonight!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-27 3:58 pm   Permalink

Epic show!
Slam Pit with a bunch of old guys!(Dave's not home dragged me into it!) during X
The Blasters sounded great,but when Dave Alvin came on stage, it was double the energy
The Knitters, Hula Girls even the bands I had not heard of, all great!

Epic fucking show......

forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-27 4:16 pm   Permalink

Bet is was super epic . This show would have been one to go to.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-28 09:51 am   Permalink

Yeah, what a show!! We had a blast and were able to play 9 songs in our 30 min time slot! One, right after another. Almost killed our dancers again!
Stoked to have seen a bunch of our tiki buddies there too!

The high-light of playing this show was that by going on early, we were able to hang out with and watch the rest of the bands play. X, The Knitters, and The Blasters are all SUPER important bands to me and it was absolutley surreal to be backstage hanging out with Dave and Phil Alvin or talking with Exene and John Doe as buddies. It was amazing.

Here's to bigger and better things for The Hula Girls in 2013!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-28 3:21 pm   Permalink

Wish I could've seen this one. Epic! Word on the street is you guys tore it up! Cheers!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-28 4:32 pm   Permalink

Some good videos of this benefit featuing the Blasters & the Knitters have hit you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Phil+Alvin+benefit&oq=Phil+Alvin+benefit&gs_l=youtube.3..33i21.33203.39500.0.42625.18.18.0.0.0.0.141.1986.7j11.18.0...0.0...1ac.1.aPpe-_4-6mw

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation