FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Trader Vic's Oakland A's Commemorative Glass
Trader Vic's Oakland A's Commemorative Glass
Captaintony

Posted: 2012-12-02 05:19 am   Permalink

Good Day all,

I just picked this up at an antique store in Jacksonville, FL. I have been unable to find any details on it online, and was wondering if anyone knew the story of this glass. I'm well aware that the A's won the pennant for '88, but I don't know what Trader Vic's involvement was.

Any help will be appreciated

View Profile of Captaintony Send a personal message to Captaintony      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-02 08:41 am   Permalink

Well considering that the first Trader Vics was in Oakland...I would assume that that would be one of your main connection.

View Profile of Cool Manchu Send a personal message to Cool Manchu  Email Cool Manchu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-12-03 05:59 am   Permalink

As a longtime A's fan, that would be a bittersweet glass to own. Cool that it's TV & the A's...but also a wrenching reminder of Kirk Gibson's walk-off in Game 1 of the World Series...

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captaintony

Posted: 2012-12-05 12:58 pm   Permalink

I was just curious if anyone knew if these were given away, or were they for a specific drink made for the occasion? I just didn't know if there was a story to go with them.

It's a nice glass, but not as nice as most of the other stuff from TV. Makes me think they were given away or sold for the event.

View Profile of Captaintony Send a personal message to Captaintony      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-05 1:37 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

There is a Trader Vic's Giants glass too. Hummm Baby...1987ish?

I had one but don't know what happened to it...

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation