[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Thoughts on these PMP mugs
Thoughts on these PMP mugs
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-03 9:47 pm   Permalink

Specifically the one on the left. Can't seem to find any info about it

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-03 10:40 pm   Permalink

TP, I'm usually not a fan of the "coffee mug" type tiki mugs. I'd be proud to display those two if they were mine. The finish/glaze is particularly nice. What's the story on your find-how did you find em?
Congrats,
David

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-04 12:45 am   Permalink

don't know much, but i've had that mug on the left for quite a few years and always wondered what the story was, as mine doesnt have the paul marshall sticker underneath. on a visit to dan & wendy's I noticed they had a similar one, so I asked about it. wendy told me kohalacharms saw it & said it might be from the pago pago in tuscon, according to a cocktail menu he had. i sent him a pic of mine, but he seem to think it wasn't the same mug....soon after I saw one on ebay with the sticker intact, like yours.
Before that I didn't even know it was a pmp mug.....i assume they sold them in drug/department stores & places like that back in the day, like the other more common styles of pmp mugs.

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-04 10:25 pm   Permalink

Rare mugs, never seen them before. They both seem to be based on wood carvings from the Philippines. Does anybody have a Paul Marshall catalog here?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-05 08:01 am   Permalink

I always like when Big Bro says rare mugs. And does anybody have a PMP catalog?

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-05 2:22 pm   Permalink

I was thinking the one on the left looked like this wooden made-in-Philippines mug:

On the wooden mug, the handle is the body, with arms(?) at the bottom and legs and feet at the top:

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-06 2:47 pm   Permalink

I am curious who that figure represents? that's why I picked up the mug to begin with...i've seen those wooden mugs a thousand times & was never tempted to pick one up, but the ceramic version had a bit more charm, so i grabbed it. since then, i've listed it on ebay a few times without any nibbles & contemplated donating it back to a thrift store, but every time I start to, something makes me pump the brakes & decide to keep it.

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation