FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events "Tiki nights at the Tahitian", Tampa Fl, thursday 1/24/13
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
"Tiki nights at the Tahitian", Tampa Fl, thursday 1/24/13
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-06 09:03 am   Permalink

Howdy folks,

We're going to be throwing a little party at the Tahitian Inn in Tampa, FL on thursday 1/24/13.

Tropical drinks, exotica soundtrack, live tiki carving, pig roast, etc.

6pm to 10:30pm....maybe later..

And it should be noted that the Tahitian is one of the oldest Polynesian themed establishments in Florida, owned and operated by the same family since 1952....and they're nice people who support tiki...

heres an old pic of the Tahitian along with pics of the 2 large tikis I did there last year...and they are currenly reviewing my proposal to do a bunch more stuff there...

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions...

mahalo...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-06 09:42 am   Permalink

I sooooo wish this was on a weekend so that I could attend! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help promote!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-06 3:22 pm   Permalink

Thank you dear...I appreciate that.

We're already talking about the next one being on a saturday night...When I originally decided to get this thing going, I was thinking it was just gonna be a gig for locals. I didn't think people would be driving in from out of town...and now I've got people talking about driving / flying in from out of state...I don't want to be mr. name-dropper, but some of the coolest local tiki folks here in town have stepped up to be a part of this, and I feel super lucky to have them on board.

This first gig is gonna be a lot of fun. The subsequent ones could be epic...

If you come to the next one I'll make sure you go home with some of my tiki junk...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-07 03:50 am   Permalink

I put a bug in my wahine's ear. Now I'm just going to be bothersome until she caves. I want to go and see this place.

It looks very promising

Mahaloz for getting this done!

McTiki (sorta Local)

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-07 09:05 am   Permalink

I am from Tampa so I will keep my eye on your events here and hopefully be able to plan a trip back home around one in the future.

Please post photos and keep updating.

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-21 08:34 am   Permalink

Should be a blast. I'm looking forward to creating a masterful rum punch for the occasion with Mr. Dean Hurst. Practice makes perfect, you know.
I have a month to practice.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-29 8:39 pm   Permalink

that sounds great Pablus. I'm really stoked that you & Dean Hurst are on board.

and big thanks to my friend Dean Arscott for doing this graphic for us....

[ This Message was edited by: pjc5150 2012-12-29 23:18 ]

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-30 4:30 pm   Permalink

I'll second Christie's request for a weekend date next time. I'd love to be there for this, but a Thurs night makes it a little difficult. Please post pics!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-03 1:02 pm   Permalink

yes, we are already discussing a possible march/april gig on a saturday...

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-18 6:04 pm   Permalink

ok guys, just a reminder that our gig is still on for Thursday night...

hope to see some of you there...

OnyaBirri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-23 4:36 pm   Permalink

Sets of classic exotica are being curated by the lovely Lounge Laura Taylor (of WMNF fame) and Drew from exotica combo Stolen Idols. So looking forward. I'll be careful not to spill any rum on my rare mp3 files.

View Profile of OnyaBirri Send a personal message to OnyaBirri      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-24 11:04 am   Permalink

tonight it's on!

hope to see some of you out there...

Dr Whoopie

Posted: 2013-01-24 1:37 pm   Permalink

Is this open to anyone?
I have been reading about the hokilau and saw this thread and wanted to come out and meet others and enjoy some Hawaiian Tiki style music drinks and food.
Thanks Mike

View Profile of Dr Whoopie Send a personal message to Dr Whoopie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr Whoopie

Posted: 2013-01-25 06:08 am   Permalink

Great party exotica music and people Thanks Whoopie

View Profile of Dr Whoopie Send a personal message to Dr Whoopie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-25 06:53 am   Permalink

That was a fabulous evening.
Onya Birri and Lounge Laura did a masterful job of setting the tone. Mr. Hurst and the Left Coast Bartender's Guild provided the great rums; Zacapa 23, El Dorado, Plantation overproof, Appleton, 7-Tiki and more.

Fresh picked citrus and FRESH MINT!

Great people.

But mainly - that tiki that Jeff carved for the entrance to the pool area is incredible. It's an amazing piece of art, done with love and patience and great creativity and a very nice palm. GREAT work!

Finally, fun times in Tampa. Been waiting for this for a long time.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation