Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Yellow "The Aliis" Mug
Yellow "The Aliis" Mug
manehune
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-29 3:52 pm   Permalink

I was just given a squat yellow mug. Its about 5 inches tall and is sort of Marquesan-like. On the back it says "The Aliis" is black. I would like to keep this for my own collection, but am wondering if its too valuable a gift for me to have accepted from my friend. Does this mug have much if any dollar value? I've only been collecting for a short time and I've never seen this mug and haven't even seen pictures of it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

View Profile of manehune Send a personal message to manehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-29 4:07 pm   Permalink

Manehune,
Congrats on the score! That's a good mug to have in your collection. It does have some dollar value because its not very common. Check out this thread for more info:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1402&forum=5

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-30 6:16 pm   Permalink

Take it, take it....it's considered rude in most of the Pacific rim to turn down a gift! That's a nice one.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation