FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Burke Tyree "Mercedes" sold at auction Dec 9
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Burke Tyree "Mercedes" sold at auction Dec 9
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-12-11 08:09 am   Permalink

That fun old tiki bar (and restaurant) Minnie's in Modesto California had a bunch of Tyree's at one point. Black Velvet paintings cetainly can fall under the banner of Tiki (not the Mexican ones, usually). In fact there are a few current Tiki Artists who dabble in Black Velvet these days. Sometimes a tiki does not have to be present to be considered "tiki".
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-11 09:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-11 07:36, Hale Tiki wrote:
I'll throw mine in the bunch, Skip.

It's not velvet, but it sure is nice!

Oh come on now! Now you've just gone too far. Those little emblems on her frock are clearly the
flag of Shetland, and we all know Shetland is not tiki! While it is a nice depiction of a Shetland islander girl shedding her coverings, most likely after returning from a midsummer celebration of Shetland Flag Day, anybody can plainly see it has nothing to do with tiki.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2012-12-11 09:53 am   Permalink

I agree with Aquarj but since it's still a cool picture it can stay.

No need to respond Hale Tiki, you'll have to keep your 27 posts a day streak going in another thread.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-11 10:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-11 09:53, Bora Boris wrote:
I agree with Aquarj but since it's still a cool picture it can stay.

No need to respond Hale Tiki, you'll have to keep your 27 posts a day streak going in another thread.

27? Now that's just outlandish. Clearly 25 is a more realistic number! (I've been REALLY bored at work lately, despite the mound of work I have to do. What? It keeps me sane.)

And Aquarj, you caught me. Her tan is obviously from the amount of sun she receives on her Nordic skin, being so far north of England and all, where they get 6 months of sunlight and all.

Well, you caught me. I'm a dirty Scotsman.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-11 4:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Well, you caught me. I'm a dirty Scotsman.

The dirty in that sentence is redundant, since by their very nature, Scotsmen are all dirty.*

*joke.

[ This Message was edited by: Pikeys Dog 2012-12-11 16:19 ]

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-11 7:49 pm   Permalink

Pikey's however are known for their hygiene!

At least someone is posting...

Everyone took the month off or something???

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation