FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki Ano Mugsville: "I made it out of clay."
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )
Tiki Ano Mugsville: "I made it out of clay."
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-03-19 8:00 pm   Permalink

He is so darling. I hope you are getting some video of him too.
You have some fun mugs there and the glazes are perfect for each piece.
Keep searching for time so we can see you some thought not as much as Tiki Ari does.

Dan used to dye his moustache when it turned white but with the beard it's too much work.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-05-28 10:46 am   Permalink

It's time for a Tiki Ari update. If you don't have time for tiki because you are playing with that beautiful boy we accept that but could you share him just a little bit? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-06-25 1:09 pm   Permalink

Oh you are in so much trouble for not posting here. It's not nice to keep Tiki Ari all to your fb friends. Wendy

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-03 4:38 pm   Permalink

Wendy, ha! I just stopped by TC after being gone for so so long. I've missed working in clay- I have a couple small pieces I started and hoping someone threw them into the kiln for a bisque firing.

Been busy with work and Tiki Ari, plus more work, so haven't posted in a while (since no clay progress). Wendy, as per your request, here's a recent photo of Tiki Ari at the Bali Hai for my Mother's 70th Birthday Dinner.

Hope to post more clay progress soon!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 30 days ago; 2:46 pm   Permalink

Great photo

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 29 days ago; 9:32 pm   Permalink

There are Ah Ha moments and Ahhhhhhhhh moments. This is an Ahhhhhhhhh what a handsome boy. They say we are all made of clay, you did a good job with this project.

Miss you until Oasis, Wendy

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 25 days ago; 12:10 pm   Permalink

Haven't been working on too many clay projects, but with Tiki Oasis coming up, I figured I had to start on the annual pendant for the SD Tiki Ohana. I normally make a simple press mold, but this year's didn't work so hot, so I used the original bisqued positive as a stencil, and started tracing these out. I had planned to make more, but the final count is 20 something. They came out of the kiln yesterday, and I started working on a few other Space Themed pendants for Oasis as well. Many were given away at our monthly Bali Hai meet-up, though I have a few more that are spoken for.

It's hard to find the time to make these, so I apologize to anyone in the Ohana who is not able to get one of these. Babies take up time, as well as working.

I used a mix of different clay bodies to make the slabs, then cut and carved each one. First I used some underglaze, then different glazes on top. From this:

to:

Each pendant is unique.

I started working on a few different "Tiki Bob's in Spaaaaaace" pendants, too. These may/ may not be finished by the end of next week? The clay is still very wet, so there's not much detail in there yet.

Space Helmet Bob:
Antennae Bob:
Speed Racer Helmet Bob:

Also finished a Pufferfish Pendant for a friend- she'll get it at Oasis (shhhh, it's a surprise).

And, for Wendy, a photo of Tiki Ari chewing on a beer on a trip to Chicago (you can tell it's not at home since there's green grass, which does not exist in San Diego these days with our severe drought).

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2015-08-06 16:46 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 24 days ago; 10:08 am   Permalink

Thanks again for the pendants - that was a very fun surprise! Great meet-up overall. I like the puffer pendant and the spacey Bobs, too. Fun ideas.

PS - But you forgot the Tiki Ari picture (his public awaits.)

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 23 days ago; 4:48 pm   Permalink

Amy, post has been corrected!

FYI the Antennae Bobs weren't happy with said antennae, so will now become Bob Magnets (sans antenna). They were fairly fragile as I carved more detail in them, then popped off as I moved them off their board (prematurely). I do plan on working on some other pendants with a similar structure.

The Space Helmet Bob and Speed Racer Bob Helmets are waiting to be bisque fired, but at this rate, I'd doubt they'll be completed by Oasis. Now accepting donated kilns. Please just don't tell the wife.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation