FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki Ano Mugsville: "I made it out of clay."
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 )
Tiki Ano Mugsville: "I made it out of clay."
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 18 days ago; 8:16 pm   Permalink

I think I do remember those now that I see them

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 6 days ago; 10:12 am   Permalink

Mike, unfortunately those Kahiki coasters aren't quite "coaster-size," unless you're using them for a champagne flute? Once I started building that one I realized that keeping the original Kahiki one to scale would make for an usually large coaster (since the mouth/ coaster center would have to be made considerably wider.

"Da Bar" Mug. I've had a few drawings in my sketchbook for a "tiki bar" mug. These are from at least a year ago, finally I got started on it. Kinny posted a pic a little while back with the same idea, which validated my moving forward with the mug. Ha.

First I threw a slab, then used a press stamp for the stone walls. (The "plain" clay slab is visible above the imprint).

I wrapped parchment paper around a form (a water bottle, since my trusty PVC cylinders somehow went missing). I scored and slipped the wall together to make it "stick."

I let it set up, then pulled the bottle and made a better seal- plus added a bottom to the mug

A few days later I trimmed off some of the stone work, then began adding pieces to the wall. Each piece will need to dry a bit more before adding more detail....

The bar itself:

A glass float

And two flaming torches.

Soon to be added: bar shelves, bottles of rum, a mug shelf, hanging masks, bar stools, and a resin chunk lamp.

I've been posting more progress shots more regularly on instagram:
http:///www.instagram.com/tikianos

Muchos mahalos for the visit!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2014-09-10 10:14 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 6 days ago; 12:06 pm   Permalink

That rock texture is cool
Nice start

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 4 days ago; 08:49 am   Permalink

You've come up with so many cool ideas. That's turning out beautifully. I love the ideas. You are so good. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 9:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks Jon & Wendy! It's been really hot here in San Diego, and I wasn't able to get back to the studio to work on "Da Bar" mug (EDIT: Okay, maybe not quite as HOT as near Wendy or Jon- but definitely hot for us wimps in SD)- ). Thankfully it was wrapped up tight and didn't dry up TOO much. I unwrapped it today and added some details. Carved bamboo into the front of the bar, & added rum bottles on a shelf above the bar (more details to be added after). There's also a mai tai waiting for its drinker on the bar top.

A hanging chunk resin lamp....

And more details on the flaming torches.

Got some more work done on this wheel thrown volcano bowl. Trimmed a foot ring then carved a lava line around the volcano pedestal in the center. Added texture to the sides for a coconut effect. This will be the first version of the "Flaming Coconut" bowl.

Muchos mahalos for the visit!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2014-09-15 08:25 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: Yesterday; 09:16 am   Permalink

Lots of details on "Da Bar Mug" Dave, cool!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 9:49 pm   Permalink

Sweet.......

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation